This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

latest Hybrid linux cropping impossible
Hello,
i've installed the latest hybrid on a fresh linux machine (ubuntu 19.04) but i can't make cropping. I think this is due to the avisynth/vapoursynth problem (or not ???) ??
How to fix that ?
Thanks
What does " i can't make cropping" mean in detail?
I just tried it and from the looks of it the crop rectangle isn't updated properly (cropping is still done).
-> Is that what you mean with " i can't make cropping" ?

---
Works fine on Windows, not sure why it's broken on Linux, will look into it -> seems to be an issue with the updating of the preview.
Works fine on older Ubuntu versions (using the same binaries for Hybrid and mplayer).
-> seems like something regarding the window management changed :/

As a workaround: forcing a refresh by jumping inside the source using the arrow keys works here.

Cu Selur

Ps.: this will take some time to fix
(16.09.2019, 18:25)Selur Wrote: What does " i can't make cropping" mean in detail?
I just tried it and from the looks of it the crop rectangle isn't updated properly (cropping is still done).
-> Is that what you mean with " i can't make cropping" ?
I load the source, in the cropping/resize tab if i click on the arrow to make cropping (avisynth), nothing happens...
If i set to autocrop, i load the source : nothing happens...

---
Works fine on Windows, not sure why it's broken on Linux, will look into it -> seems to be an issue with the updating of the preview.
Works fine on older Ubuntu versions (using the same binaries for Hybrid and mplayer).
-> seems like something regarding the window management changed :/

As a workaround: forcing a refresh by jumping inside the source using the arrow keys works here.

Cu Selur

Ps.: this will take some time to fix
Okay, will also look into the avisynth part (don't use Avisynth on Linux myself normally).

Cu Selur
Send you a link to a dev version via PM which fixes the issue with 19.04 in my Ubuntu VM.
-> please try it and report back whether it works for you

Cu Selur
(17.09.2019, 19:59)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version via PM which fixes the issue with 19.04 in my Ubuntu VM.
-> please try it and report back whether it works for you

Cu Selur
just tested
sorry but nothing happens... when i click on the arrow to launch the cropping process
You did try it without Avisynth right?
Didn't look into Avisynth, only looked at the 'normal' cropping.
I loaded a source, enabled cropping, crop view and opened the crop view, worked fine here.
(haven't setup wine&co in ages so looking into avisynth will take quite a while; enabled debug output level 9 and create a debug output when pressing the crop view button)

Cu Selur
(18.09.2019, 20:34)Selur Wrote: You did try it without Avisynth right?
Didn't look into Avisynth, only looked at the 'normal' cropping.
I loaded a source, enabled cropping, crop view and opened the crop view, worked fine here.
(haven't setup wine&co in ages so looking into avisynth will take quite a while; enabled debug output level 9 and create a debug output when pressing the crop view button)

Cu Selur
I've tried to click on the arrow with avisynth or mplayer setting. I've also tried to click on the icon at the bottom right of the window with 'cropview' clicked or not clicked but nothing happens.

I just noticed that when i click on the icon at the right bottom to display the crop window, it seems to be a window opens and close immediately ; it's very fast.
What happens if you call:
"/home/john/Downloads/hybrid/mplayer" "/home/john/video/_sources_full_remux/X-Men.Apocalypse.2016.MULTi.TRUEFRENCH.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.10bits.HDR.DTS.5.1.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-TSC.mkv" -forcedsubsonly -nosub -noautosub -fps 24000/1001 -nocache -aid 0  -lavdopts threads=8
inside a terminal prompt?
(19.09.2019, 18:05)Selur Wrote: What happens if you call:
"/home/john/Downloads/hybrid/mplayer" "/home/john/video/_sources_full_remux/X-Men.Apocalypse.2016.MULTi.TRUEFRENCH.2160p.BluRay.REMUX.HEVC.10bits.HDR.DTS.5.1.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1-TSC.mkv" -forcedsubsonly -nosub -noautosub -fps 24000/1001 -nocache -aid 0  -lavdopts threads=8
inside a terminal prompt?

That :

MPlayer interrupted by signal 4 in module: demux_open
- MPlayer crashed by an 'Illegal Instruction'.
  It usually happens when you run it on a CPU different than the one it was
  compiled/optimized for.
  Verify this!
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.