This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

most NTSC files are incorrectly defined
most NTSC files with framerate 29,97 are incorrectly defined as telecine 23,976 or 24,95.
I tried to open these files by other programs, like players, video editors, mediainfo, they define as interlaced 29,97.
This file Hybrid set is deinterlacer "Decomb" and put output frame rate 24,95. Output file has resync A/V.

This file Hybrid set is deinterlacer "TIVTC" and put output frame rate 23,976
Simple solution: Disable the automatic interlaced check. Smile
Your first sample is detected as mixed which is why decomb is used to only handle the none combed frames,...
Quote:Simple solution: Disable the automatic interlaced check
I now disable the automatic interlaced check. Again "decomb" and output frame rate 24,97
Since you want to IVTC, you will also need to set 'Overwrite input scan type to' to 'telecine'. Smile
Quote:Since you want to IVTC, you will also need to set 'Overwrite input scan type to' to 'telecine'

I did this, the output file is normally played. I can put force QTGMS and output file is also normally played.
How did you determine that the correct this option? Other programs do not define telecine in this file
Quote:I did this, the output file is normally played. I can put force QTGMS and output file is also normally played.
You might want to read up on what telecine means and what IVTC does. Sure you can always deinterlace ivtc, but that isn't really a good approach.
Telecing+Decomb is a method to telecine, when using 'decomb' in Hybrid, Hybrid expects the source to be flagged as telecine.
QTGMC is a method to deinterlace not IVTC.
Hybrids interlace analysis heuristic assumes that the content is mixed (= a mix of progressive, interlaced, telecined content), problem is that you can't automatically keep the audio synch if you try to handle such content with decomb&co and process the audio separately.

-> Can't make a decision for you how to handle your content.

Cu Selur
Can you fix this problem?
A lot of such files and whole DVD discs
What do you want me to fix.
Looking at the video it's interlaced, not telecine, so if you use telecine&decomb which is meant to do IVTC you mess up a/v sync.
-> I already told you:
Quote:Simple solution: Disable the automatic interlaced check.
This way Hybrid detects the source as interlaced and will deinterlace it unless you tell it to do something else.
If that something else simply is bad way of handling the source it's not Hybrids fault.
=> Nothing for me to fix.
I see why the heuristic breaks on the clip, but there isn't really anything I can do about it.

Simply disable the automatic interlaced check and let Hybrid deinterlace the source,..

Cu Selur
I do not understand, is this a problem in my wrong actions or the Hybrid problem?
Quote:Simply disable the automatic interlaced check and let Hybrid deinterlace the source,..
Well, I disable the automatic interlaced check.
Now I load this file in the Hybrid - nothing changes - there is still a "decomb" - Hybrid create file with resync A/V.
If I set manually "telecine" the output file is normally played.
When I load another files in the Uybrid and see "Decomb" mode - do I always have to manually set "telesine"?
I think this is a problem of a Hybrid?
Assuming your didn't same some strange settings as defaults.
If you load your source Hybrid does:
a. detect the source as interlaced (top field first)
b. use QTGMC as deinterlacer

Using 'Decomb (Avisynth)' is simply the wrong filter for interlaced content.
If you use 'Decomb (Avisynth)' on that source the output will probably async, loose motion fluidity,
-> No clue why you want to use decomb on such a source.

From what I see you are playing around with settings without knowing or understanding what they do.

Cu Selur