This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

problem with x264 encoding
Hello, when I convert a video h264 (video of a lumix DC-G9), in x264 the image is darker and in x265 the image is bland. Is there an option to avoid this problem? This does not happen when I use NVenc in h264 or h265 but the encoding is much worse.
thank you in advance
I use the Windows version.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Without a sample or more detailed data to reproduce the issue, my guess is that:

If the video is SDR:
a. either the used color matrix of the video is not signaled properly and thus Hybrid probably guesses it
b. the signaling isn't configured to reflect the color matrix
c. the color matrix isn't evaluaded on playback.
if the video is HDR:
You need to:
a. encode to HDR using H.265 and make sure HDR is signaled properly
b. encoder to SDR using H.264 and do a HDR to SDR conversion (your will lose some color since but one can archive decent results with some tone mapping)

-> share details and I might be able to help further.

Since you mention x264 inside the title you probably want to do some HDR to SDR conversion.

Cu Selur