This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

rev 2017.10.05.1 dependency issues?
I finally made time to try updating Hybrid with the most recent update on your web site, and I'm still seeing the same message, which basically explains why Hybrid cannot be executed. I'm wondering now if any pre-packaged dependencies included in the Windows installer are only for 64 bit. I'm running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 (32 bit), and the only thing I can think of from the message is that I don't have all the required dependencies.

"The procedure entry point ??0QColorDialogueOptions@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library QT5Gui.dll."

I got the same message with 10.03.1, so 05.06.1 is what I'm using. I do use VNC to remotely access the machine to do encodes, if that makes any difference.
Can't test here in China (on holiday for another two weeks) since I got no 32bit system that I could access.
From the looks of it it seems that the qt5.dlls that come whith Hybrid belong to another version.
-> will try to look into it in a week or so when I'm in Shanghai with a stable internet connection
(17.10.2017, 10:46)Selur Wrote: Can't test here in China (on holiday for another two weeks) since I got no 32bit system that I could access.
From the looks of it it seems that the qt5.dlls that come whith Hybrid belong to another version.
-> will try to look into it in a week or so when I'm in Shanghai with a stable internet connection

That's fine. Enjoy your holiday, and maybe pick me up some Szechuan peppercorns?  Smile
waiting fix Sad
Can't really fix it.
Problem is some program on your system is messing with the menu/dock/windows interfaces and when Qt then tries to access those interfaces it crashes.
Couldn't reproduce the issue here so far with a clean Mac OS.

Cu Selur
Hi,

I can't agree or disagree with your opinion at this point. I don't think it's a problem with my system. I have User Access Control disabled, and Avast isn't showing anything in the logs indicating it is blocking QT. You mentioned a clean Mac OS... If you're running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 (32-bit) in a virtual machine, it doesn't always work well for testing. If you're testing under OSX, then that definitely won't work. lol

Real quick, between the 05.06.1 (I'm guessing month/day/version?) and 10.05.1, QT's framework was updated from 5.8 to 5.9. If you updated or auto-updated the framework, that could be related.

I've never used QT, but the easiest way for me to narrow down the problem is to install the framework myself. It would be very helpful if you could tell me just what exactly I need to install to get the framework up and running. The download is 2.2 Gigs, and I don't think you use all of that in Hybrid. I'm willing to run tests to figure out why there's a problem, and maybe how to fix it, but I don't use QT, Visual Studio or any type of compiler, so knowing what Hybrid uses could really help me out with this.
a. Reinstalled the mac of my mum for testing didn't use a VM.
b. Hybrid uses a bunch of libraries from the frame work. (basically everything in the \Hybrid.app\Contents\ folder aside from the MacOS folder is form the Qt frame work)
c. Hybrid on Mac still used Qt 5.8 not 5.9 in detail:
I use Qt 5.8.0 with clang_64 (802.0.41) from XCode through Qt Creator targeting x86_64-apple-arwin17.20 with posix threading.
As far as I know there is no way to install just the Qt frame work on a machine.

Cu Selur
Thanks. Just so you know, because I only found this out last night from QT's web site, there are known Windows Specific Issues, but I only browsed the issues to see if anything was 32-bit specific. I didn't see anything, but I did wonder about the issue of Windows not supporting OpenGL 2.1, and how you have to use something called ACTIVE in QT to run on top of DirectX 9 or 11.

I don't think the problem is "white spaces" in the path to the directory because that seems to be all versions of Windows, but I'm using an AMD Radeon HD 5600, so it could be a driver issue, except 05.06.1 worked. Basically I don't think the problem can be reproduced under OSX, but if it is a device driver issue it might show up in a VM because of the emulated hardware. If it's not possible to install the QT framework by itself before installing Hybrid, and you have access to a Mac, or even Linux, all I can think of is something like VirtualBox to try using Windows at your end to isolate the issue. I just don't know enough about QT to be very helpful. Sorry.
Ah sorry. My bad. I totally had another issue in my head. Confused
-> will look into it
Got it, seems like some of the dlls weren't replaced properly.
Copy (!don't move!) the platforms-folder and the Qt5Widgets.dll from the 'Hybrid/dynamic'-folder into the main 'Hybrid' folder and overwrite the existing files and Hybrid should start up.

Cu Selur