This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

rev 2019.06.09.2 - NVEnc
Hey,

I upgraded to Rev 2019.06.09.2 and noticed that things have changed if NVEnc is choosen for the Video option. The H265 isn't an codec option (H264 is).
I have used NVEnc with h265 for a while now to convert H264 to H265 files. 

I am no expert on video encoding so that might have been for a good reason and I did find the H265 options under NVEnc (FFmpeg) but can someone explain why this was removed and if it going to be put back.  Also if someone can suggest a new process to shrink H264 files in H265 format and I good with that too.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great application.

Cheers,

Joel
NVEncC H.265 support wasn't removed.

What is the output of:
NVEncC --check-features
on your system?
Whether Hybrid allows the usage of H.265 with NVEnc should depend on the output of the above call. (You can trigger Hybrid to re-check that call by clearing the tools infos.)

Cu Selur
(22.06.2019, 00:44)You mean at the command line or within Hybrid itself?I cleared the cache for the tools and then generated thisThis is happening on one system that I upgraded from the previous version of Hybrid and one where I did a clean install of it.Thanks for the quick response.JoelSelur Wrote: NVEncC H.265 support wasn't removed.

What is the output of:
NVEncC --check-features
on your system?
Whether Hybrid allows the usage of H.265 with NVEnc should depend on the output of the above call. (You can trigger Hybrid to re-check that call by clearing the tools infos.)

Cu Selur
In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.
(23.06.2019, 07:55)Selur Wrote: In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.

OK, I understand.

I will change the graphic card to p-series and test it.

Thanks!
(23.06.2019, 07:55)Selur Wrote: In a command line in the folder where NVEncC lies.

Sorry for the massive delay.

Seems NVEnc Encoding can't see my GPU

I re-installed my Graphics card driver and re-ran the check. Listed a big list of supported features.
Cleared the cache in Hybrid (as per Selmur above) and I am back in business.

Maybe a bad version of the NVIDIA Driver.

Hope that might help someone else.

Cheers
Hello,

had the same problem, re-installed the Nvidia driver, had to clear all cached tools infos afetrwards, and H265 is back !!!
Big Grin

regards