This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

set output DAR lags to prores
Send you a link to a dev version which allows larger values for PAR (width/height).

Cu Selur
seems to be working great-- thank you!
Ok, it seems like I lied-- I'm not sure why I thought it was working the first time around, maybe it was VLC being forced into 4:3 mode.  I'm not sure if i'm entering it wrong-- I've been checking the box to force ITU 601, and inputting 38800x42651 in the "input PAR" fields.  I haven't been using "convert to output PAR" because I don't want it to actually do any scaling in the encoding process, just force a pixel ratio, but it's still coming out 1:1.
According to the encoding call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vspipe.exe" "E:\encodingTempSynthSkript_2023-05-24@11_05_07_6410_0.vpy" - -c y4m | C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -vcodec prores_ks -profile:v 1 -vtag apcs -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2023.05.16.1" -aspect 1.3673770840 -f mov "E:\CP_Hi8_677_1_2023-05-24@11_05_07_6410_03.mov"
The aspect ratio (DAR) is signaled as 1.367377084.
in the later call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\Vapoursynth\vspipe.exe" "E:\encodingTempSynthSkript_2023-05-24@11_57_27_5310_0.vpy" - -c y4m | "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -vcodec prores_ks -profile:v 1 -vtag apcs -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2023.05.16.1" -aspect 45:33 -f mov "E:\ClP_1_new_1_2023-05-24@11_57_27_5310_03.mov"
45:33 is used.

Did you check the Vapoursynth Preview?
Out of curiosity, if you set audio&video to passthrough and change the output par through Muxing->Overwrite->Pixel Aspect Ratio, does that change the way your player plays it?

Cu Selur
So yes, it does change the display on output when I set everything to passthrough and force the PAR in muxing:

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : FFV1
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / FFV1
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Width                                    : 720 pixels
Height                                   : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate mode                          : Constant

but now I'm really confused, because again it worked by inputting the values and encoding to prores.  Is it possible that if I'm adding a bunch of videos all at once, it's only applying the output PAR to the first one I set up?

I closed and reopened hybrid this time and it worked as expected-- and this time for the single video I ran the aspect is indeed stated as:

MainCall: "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -vcodec prores_ks -profile:v 1 -vtag apcs -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2023.05.16.1" -aspect 1.3674490730 -f mov "E:\ClP_3_new_1_2023-05-24@17_55_29_3010_03.mov"

I think it must be that it's only applying to the first video when a batch is added?
Are you overwriting the input or the output PAR?
Input PAR gets changed on source change unless "Crop/Resize->Misc->Resizing->Ignore input PAR" is set.
You might also have to set "Crop/Resize->Misc->On Source Change->Overwrite input PAR".
Output PAR should stay the same when using multiple files.

Cu Selur
(25.05.2023, 07:36)Selur Wrote: Are you overwriting the input or the output PAR?
Input PAR gets changed on source change unless "Crop/Resize->Misc->Resizing->Ignore input PAR" is set.
You might also have to set "Crop/Resize->Misc->On Source Change->Overwrite input PAR".
Output PAR should stay the same when using multiple files.

Cu Selur

look https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YPCtX_9...share_link
Hmm,..
Since "Crop/Resize->Misc->Resizing->Adjust keep resize for source" is enabled by default, this might cause problems.
Try setting a resize with other than 48 or disable "Crop/Resize->Misc->Resizing->Adjust keep resize for source" and see if that helps.

Cu Selur
ok great!  this is exactly what I was looking for.  With those two options activated (the overwrite input PAR set to 38800x42651) it's behaving exactly as I'd like it to.  I have a few hundred captures to convert, so I'm fine with the settings being locked in for this format for a while.  Also, I was always changing the input PAR, never the output in order to avoid any scaling, so this setup is perfect now.

Thank you!
Mr Selur
Please help
downloaded the video
looked at "MediaInfo"

How to make deinterlace?

Video
ID                                      : 1
Format                                  : MPEG Video
Format version                          : Version 2
Format profile                          : Main@High
Format settings                          : CustomMatrix / BVOP
Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom
Format settings, GOP                    : M=3, N=15
Format settings, picture structure      : Frame
Codec ID                                : mp4v-61
Duration                                : 9 min 37 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                : 13.5 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate                        : 20.0 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 440 pixels
Height                                  : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                    : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                              : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                      : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan type, store method                  : Separated fields (2 fields per block)
Scan order                              : Top Field First
Compression mode                        : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                      : 0.290
Time code of first frame                : 23:31:33;01
Time code source                        : Group of pictures header
GOP, Open/Closed                        : Open
Stream size                              : 933 MiB (98%)
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

(2 fields per block) = telecine + topFF + topFFwithBoB = have not helped