This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

split video into multiple parts?
Is there a way to split a 60+ minunte long video into 1 minute long files and put them into a folder?
Without re-encoding in Hybrid: No.
With reencoding: not directly, but in two steps. 1st step: passthrough everything and add chapters every minute. 2nd step reencode and use 'queue chapters'.

With ffmpeg you could do something like:
ffmpeg -i "Input file" -c copy -map 0 -segment_time 60 -f segment -reset_timestamps 1 "OUTPUT FOLDER/output%03d.mkv"
(note that segment_time is only key frame accurate)
MkvToolnix also has a split option,...

Cu Selur
(06.01.2019, 19:46)Selur Wrote: Without re-encoding in Hybrid: No.
With reencoding: not directly, but in two steps. 1st step: passthrough everything and add chapters every minute. 2nd step reencode and use 'queue chapters'.

With ffmpeg you could do something like:
ffmpeg -i "Input file" -c copy -map 0 -segment_time 60 -f segment -reset_timestamps 1 "OUTPUT FOLDER/output%03d.mkv"
(note that segment_time is only key frame accurate)
MkvToolnix also has a split option,...

Cu Selur
Where can I find the option "queue chapters"?
On the Base-tab. (see attachment)
Note that:
a. queue(/splitting) by chapter is more of a by product that should only work properly work, if the chapter points are key frames.
b. if the chapter points are not on key frames splitting will not be accurate, which will lead to av-synch issues, since the audio might be split differently
(side note: the only other user I know of which used this feature is weyb06.)
c. 'queue chapters' can only be used in case the input comes with chapters.

Cu Selur

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07.01.2019, 06:01)Selur Wrote: On the Base-tab. (see attachment)
Note that:
a. queue(/splitting) by chapter is more of a by product that should only work properly work, if the chapter points are key frames.
b. if the chapter points are not on key frames splitting will not be accurate, which will lead to av-synch issues, since the audio might be split differently
(side note: the only other user I know of which used this feature is weyb06.)
c. 'queue chapters' can only be used in case the input comes with chapters.

Cu Selur
Alright so I managed to get it to work, though I ended up using ffmpeg as hybrid spouted errors, maybe I did something wrong; anyway, thanks.