This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] "Real" PAL<>NTSC framerate conversion with speed changing?
(17.07.2018, 05:25)Selur Wrote: From what I understand:
What you want is a 'speed change' not a PAL<>NTSC conversion. You want to speed up / slow down the audio and change the playback frame rate of the video. Smile

Note: I assume the source:
  • is cfr and not vfr
  • progressive, not telecine or interlaced

Haven't done this in years, but here is how this should be done:

25 -> 23.976:
  • load source
  • With video encoding:
    • set 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'the encoder of your choice' (configure the encoder in the corresponding tab)
    • enable 'Filtering->Speed Change->Change Speed'
    • set 'Filtering->Speed Change->Change Speed' to '23.976 fps'
  • Without video encoding:
    • set 'Base->Processing'->Video to 'passthrough'
    • enable 'Muxing->Overwrite->Frame rate'
    • set 'Muxing->Overwrite->Frame rate' to '23.976'
  • set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'custom'
  • enable 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options'
  • configure your target format inside the 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Encoder'-tab
  • enable 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change'
  • set 'Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change' to 'from 25.000 to 23.976' and depending on your liking enable 'adjust pitch'
  • add the current audio settings for the current audio track to the AudioQueue (Audio->Base->Add current)
  • set output file (Base->Output file)
  • add current settings to the job queue (Base->Add to queue)
  • start the job queue (Jobs->Queue->start)
23.976 -> 25:
Same as '25->23.976', but you need to replace '23.976' with '25.000' and '25.000' with '23.976'.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Both of these should be possible through mkvtoolnix by just adjusting the timecodes of the audio&video streams. Downside of this is a. target needs to be mkv b. no audio pitch control.

Hm, for some reason, it doesn't seem to work with the latest Hybrid build. I get this error.

[Image: unknown.png]
What container format did you use?
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
(11.08.2021, 15:44)Selur Wrote: What container format did you use?

It was either MKV or MP4.
This happens if Hybrid for some reason things it needs to use ffmpeg for multiplexing, problem is FFmpeg on passthrough doesn't rewrite the stream&container fps, which is why Hybrid aborts in this case.
For mp4 ffmpeg should not be used unless specificly forced by the user.

Cu Selur
------
(11.08.2021, 15:53)Selur Wrote: This happens if Hybrid for some reason things it needs to use ffmpeg for multiplexing, problem is FFmpeg on passthrough doesn't rewrite the stream&container fps, which is why Hybrid aborts in this case.
For mp4 ffmpeg should not be used unless specificly forced by the user.

Cu Selur

It happens with both MKV and MP4. 

I also tried AVI and MOV. Same error.

Is there a way around this? I don't remember setting something that forces ffmpeg to be used.

EDIT: I reset all settings to their defaults, but that didn't make a difference. I still get that error, despite the fact Config>Containers>Mp4 Settings>"FFmpeg instead of MP4Box" isn't even enabled. And I also don't see other settings that make a difference when disabled.
Would need a debug output to know what's happening,..

Cu Selur
------
(15.08.2021, 19:53)Selur Wrote: Would need a debug output to know what's happening,..

Cu Selur

HybridDebugOutput.txt

Both my MP4 and MKV attempts are here. The output files that were supposed to be created (if there was no error) are test.mp4 and test.mkv.
Sadply the debug onl contains the job creation and where Hybrid aborts and not the analysis of the source.
I created a dev version where I removed the restriction in Hybrid, but the ouput fps might not be changed or you end up with an output file where signals different fps in the stream and the container.
-> test the version (send link via pm) and let me know what happenes.

Cu Selur
------
I can reproduce same problem on macOS if use like this:

Video to passthrough
Muxing->Overwrite->Frame rate set to '50'
Audio' to 'custom'
Audio->Base->Audio Encoding Options->Filtering->Speed change  set to '50'

Same pop-up message:
"Can't use FFmpeg for muxing with video passthrough since output(50) and input(25) frame rate differ!"
LOL, found the typo, due to some changes Hybrid thought, during the job check, that ffmpeg was always used. Wink

Cu Selur
------