This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

stop auto changing color matrix
When I load a video in Hybrid, is there a way to make it ignore trying to automatically change the color matrix?  for example, I am importing a prores file in rec2020, but its resolution is small, and hybrid is setting it to rec601.  I want it to stay at rec2020 and just be able to encode the file as h264 or h265 but keep rec2020.
No debug output,...
Is the content properly flagged as rec2020?
Can you share a small sample of such a file?
(23.01.2022, 10:15)Selur Wrote: No debug output,...
Is the content properly flagged as rec2020?
Can you share a small sample of such a file?

Attached is a screenshot of its data when I open the prores file in QuickTime and open movie inspector, and also a screenshot of the hybrid screen right after I open the file in Hybrid.  The file was exported from Davinci as prores with a 2020 color matrix.  I am using Hybrid 2021.07.18.1 and I am just trying to save the prores file as 10bit h264.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote: I am using Hybrid 2021.07.18.1
Seems like a bug, no clue whether it was fixed in a newer version.
Without a debug output I can't even tell where the problem exactly is.
->
1. uninstall Hybrid
2. update to lates public release
3. if problem is fixed fine
otherwise:
4. read sticky
5. provide proper details

Cu Selur

Ps.: as a side note: it's not about Hybrid chaning the flag, it's about Hybrid either not properly detecting or handling the flag.
Sorry I didn't include the debug report, I see how to do that now. I have installed the new version and loaded the file again, it still seems to set it to bt601, but I have the debug report set now and I am running the file so that I can share the proper debug report here when it finishes.
The processing doesn't matter.
I just need a debug output of the analysis and job creation.
-> that should go fast.
(23.01.2022, 16:56)Selur Wrote: The processing doesn't matter.
I just need a debug output of the analysis and job creation.
-> that should go fast.
That debug output is useless as it only includes the job processing which is useless in your case.
Analysis an job creation are important.
I send you a link (via pm) to my current dev version which might already fix the issue.
In case it does not, create a debug output of the analysis of the source and the job creation, not the processing of the jobs, with that version.

Cu Selur
(23.01.2022, 17:23)Selur Wrote: That debug output is useless as it only includes the job processing which is useless in your case.
Analysis an job creation are important.
I send you a link (via pm) to my current dev version which might already fix the issue.
In case it does not, create a debug output of the analysis of the source and the job creation, not the processing of the jobs, with that version.

Cu Selur

That might have done it!  When I load the file in that version the initial scan doesn't say that it changed it to 601.  I will run the file now and check it at the end.  thanks!
Wonderful, let me know once it's finished whether it was fixed by the dev version or not.

Cu Selur