This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Aha, now i start to understand your problem. "need to approve each file individually through gatekeeper" - i was thinking earlier that you told about some problem during compiling from sources or from brew. I just don't use gatekeeper, and probably any more-less advanced user turns it off to avoid Apple totalitarian dictatorship on his computer (as well as disables reversed mouse scroll and installs XtraFinder or PressButan to use plain Delete key to delete files and fixes some other strange Apple things...)
By the way, are you sure that installer will help to bypass gatekeeper? I was always thinking that installers are just sort of copy/paste script instead of drag and drop. What if it will install libraries, and they will still require manual gatekeeper clearance? Most apps on macOS are still distributed in DMG, so it is not something too unusual.
Don't want to annoy with further discussion around UI, but can only suggest to collect more opinions from other users and developers about window resizing and buttons. I am not against compact window sizes. There are a lot of situations when compact sized window required, and in these situations user simply adjusts window size to minimum possible.
I am just against artificially restricted usability. That's it.

Hybrid UI up to 2020.09.15:
[Image: eGOWk4H.jpg][Image: 0Dfj0GO.jpg][Image: ueGlzc1.jpg][Image: YizP0WZ.jpg][Image: O2jHOkk.jpg]
(20.09.2020, 05:02)shijan Wrote: Aha, now i start to understand your problem. "need to approve each file individually through gatekeeper" - i was thinking earlier that you told about some problem during compiling from sources or from brew. I just don't use gatekeeper, and probably any more-less advanced user turns it off to avoid Apple totalitarian dictatorship on his computer (as well as disables reversed mouse scroll and installs XtraFinder or PressButan to use plain Delete key to delete files and fixes some other strange Apple things...)
By the way, are you sure that installer will help to bypass gatekeeper? I was always thinking that installers are just sort of copy/paste script instead of drag and drop. What if it will install libraries, and they will still require manual gatekeeper clearance? Most apps on macOS are still distributed in DMG, so it is not something too unusual.
If a .app for is approved everything inside of it will work, that's why most just use a dmg as it is easier and there is only one file to approve.  When using a PKG for multiple files, by approving the installer the system will approve all the files it places.

Keeping Gatekeeper on is recommended for most users as it is an added later of security and protection, however I know on certain versions of macOS it's more obnoxious to work around with it being on.
about cfhd:
known and locally fixed bug: forgot High+ so High and lower quality presets use the wrong index.
Here is installer https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
It is possible to check on fresh system if Hybrid still asks first time “Hybrid.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." Any other warning messages? Still require to disable quarantine for downloaded apps? Disable SIP (System Integrity Protection)?

[Image: YheGHmO.jpg]
(20.09.2020, 17:38)shijan Wrote: Here is installer https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
It is possible to check on fresh system if Hybrid still asks first time “Hybrid.app” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." Any other warning messages? Still require to disable quarantine for downloaded apps? Disable SIP (System Integrity Protection)?

[Image: YheGHmO.jpg]
Opening it will say cancel or move to trash, cancel, go to system > security and open anyways, then it will ask again, allow it to open.

One thing I would recommend trying, I've added a shortcut from the /usr/local/lib/vapoursynth path to the framework one, I'd recommend installing to that path as it should install for both users that installed via brew or compiled themselves and vs installer.  I would double check, but the link should force it to forward the files to the framework the vs installer sets up (only for vs r52 or newer)
I did the following:
  1. reenable spctl (sudo spctl --master-enable)
  2. delete the files in the /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/ that did not come with Vapoursynth
  3. download the installer (side note: I don't have Hybrid in the .app folder)
  4. opened the .dmg
  5. double clicked the 'Hybrid and Plugins installer', this gave me:
    Quote:“Hybrid and Plugins.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
    macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

This item is on the disk image “VapourSynth-Plugins-Scripts-Hybrid-2020.09.20.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 19:05.
  6. I right-clicked on the installer and selected open.
    This gave me:
    Quote:macOS cannot verify the developer of “Hybrid and Plugins.pkg”. Are you sure you want to open it?

By opening this app, you will be overriding system security which can expose your computer and personal information to malware that may harm your Mac or compromise your privacy.

This item is on the disk image “VapourSynth-Plugins-Scripts-Hybrid-2020.09.20.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 19:05.
    -> I pressed 'Open', which started the installer.
  7. I deselected "D2v Witch v4" (since I already had it) and "JESExtensifier 3.0.5" since I don't have any use for it.
    I installed the rest.
-> Hybrid.app was placed inside the Application-folder, plugins were copied into the '/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/' folder

I started Hybrid which worked fine, opened a file and Hybrid froze on 'Grabbing audio data and delay infos'.
I then closed, reopened Hybrid, setting an output and enabling the debug output before loading a file (which again froze), showed that Hybrid stopped on calling:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mediainfo" --Language=en --File_TestContinuousFileNames=0 "--LogFile=/Users/selur/temp/mediaInfoLog.txt" --Full "/Users/selur/Desktop/test.avi"
but checking the running processes with "ps -ef" showed that is wasn't running.
So, opening a terminal and calling the call from above gave the following:
selur$ "/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mediainfo" --Language=en --File_TestContinuousFileNames=0 "--LogFile=/Users/selur/temp/mediaInfoLog.txt" --Full "/Users/selur/Desktop/test.avi"
-bash: /Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mediainfo: Permission denied

No clue why this happens seems to be some rights issue, I would have expected that Mac OS would at least ask for the administrator rights instead of simply denying the access. :/

-> so seems like a good start but not finished

Cu Selur

Ps.: even after calling "sudo spctl --master-disable" this still happens. :/
Okay, I know where the problem is.
The installed files inside the Hybrid.app all belong to root:admin. instead of username:staff (selur:staff on my system) or username:admin.

Good news: Using my 'old' Hybrid (where the files belong to selur:staff) that I got inside my workspace I can use Vapoursynth plugins even with "sudo spctl --master-enabled", so my guess is that the plugin installation works fine.

Cu Selur
Oh yeah, one more tip for the installer is to not keep existing permissions when importing files.
I told you that i'm not a coder and have no idea about all those permissions and too technical low level system and apps related stuff Smile I just used default settings provided by Packages.app.
I see some options in two places. What should i change there?
[Image: EqBhkoo.jpg]
[Image: AOS5dGi.jpg]

Should i also change some permissions here?:
[Image: 8499qMh.jpg]
[Image: mbbs853.jpg]

There is also some global preference for permissions:
[Image: YgkZpJK.jpg]

Also there is an option in Packages to show app contents. And i see that different binaries show me different permissions checkboxes there:
[Image: uw96Rmv.jpg]
[Image: MsDbPhD.jpg]
[Image: mtjIalh.jpg]
[Image: LIxgbSr.jpg]