Selur's Little Message Board
Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 (/thread-3463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 08.11.2023

(08.11.2023, 20:51)Dan64 Wrote:
(08.11.2023, 12:30)ToiletDuck Wrote: Update

Went back to last official stable release of TSmuxer, and problem wos solved  Dodgy

In github there are only Nightly build, which build are your considering stable ?

I know..

Iam talking about the official build from years ago created by the OG Developer.
Untill some one took it over, from what i"ve researched..  Dodgy

(08.11.2023, 20:52)Selur Wrote: Ah, okay it's not that the audio is broken.
The issue is playback on PDVD and some device, it sounded like Hybrid would crash. Smile

I don't think so... however , that was my suspicions aswell first.. 
But thats another long story..  Confused  i don't want to go into right now.

Yep, container = playback problems..

I've experienced it in the past , that A/V tracks are healthy but once remuxed/EDITED through particular software... all sort of bad things can happen!!

i.e: audio distortian, even framerate jitter/stutter during playback to Sync problems...

One time i had a bad case of audio distortion + framerate stutter ALL and BECAUSE i added and muxed a self created DVD (idx sub) to Bluray (PGS) to an bluray structure..
NOw , the funny thing wos.. the m2ts file itself played just fine  Huh    

goes to show, how complex an bluray structure can be ...  (playlist, clips info, etc etc.. ) !!

EDIT :  as far as for crashes in hybrid, that only has happend during Extraction/muxing process of TrueHD Atmos tracks in media files selur.  wich and again is a Tsmuxer AND / OR hybrid issue !!

Since,fortunately i can't reproduce the crash using the very same TSmuxer release outside hybrid you know..
Hence, why i suspect both .. But in the first place AND with a huge head start i SUSPECT → Tsmuxer   Big Grin

cheers
TTD

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - humanoid86 - 10.11.2023

Huh  It’s a very strange situation, it made me really curious. I myself code various codecs and containers.

Big Grin  please describe your PC system

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 10.11.2023

Need a debug output and a sample to reproduce.

Cu Selur

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 10.11.2023

(10.11.2023, 02:26)humanoid86 Wrote: Huh  It’s a very strange situation, it made me really curious. I myself code various codecs and containers.

Big Grin  please describe your PC system

(10.11.2023, 05:21)Selur Wrote: Need a debug output and a sample to reproduce.

Cu Selur

Are you both asking / adressing me  Dodgy ?

Anyway.. @ your HIGHness Sir.SELUR  Tongue
Is it POSSIBRUU to add an signature to my account that automatically appears when i post ?  That present itselfs very much like a "foot note" you know.. ?

that would prompt answer Humaans89 question  Big Grin , without me repeating myself  Wink 

Just fyi:

My System Specs:

Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
Ram: Corsair 32GB DDR4 - 3600 (xmp2)
Gpu: Not decided... just returned my 7800xt to change it for an RTX 4070 (hopefully my answer to my returning problem.. Dodgy )

Storage: 2x 1TB Seagates / baracuda 7200rpm, 1x Sata Samsung 850 Pro SSD , 1x 1TB Nvme PCIe 4.0 → and video editing / gaming work stick (usually..)

Monitor: MSI Gsync/freesync Compatible 165hz..

cheers,

No clue what humanoid86 is about.
I was replying to your post.
Quote: EDIT : as far as for crashes in hybrid, that only has happend during Extraction/muxing process of TrueHD Atmos tracks in media files selur. wich and again is a Tsmuxer AND / OR hybrid issue !!

(10.11.2023, 18:08)Selur Wrote: No clue what humanoid86 is about.
I was replying to your post.
Quote: EDIT :  as far as for crashes in hybrid, that only has happend during Extraction/muxing process of TrueHD Atmos tracks in media files selur.  wich and again is a Tsmuxer AND / OR hybrid issue !!

Yes, about that ↑.. 

Iam sure i delivered debug and media samples to you selur regarding that issue.

Suffice to say, atmos extract / mux problems tend only to happend with the official 2.16 tsmux release ..  The one release that iam using to adress that EAC3 audio issue i have had when i use Tsmux nightly builds.

An issue being worked on at GitHub.
Today i got a reply from one of the coder to try out an sample..

I'll keep you posted about that in the future.. if its god wil  Angel

cheers,

Quote:Suffice to say, atmos extract / mux problems tend only to happend with the official 2.16 tsmux release
So nothing for me to fix

(10.11.2023, 18:20)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Suffice to say, atmos extract / mux problems tend only to happend with the official 2.16 tsmux release
So nothing for me to fix

just hold on for now... until magic happens .. oohh.. aaah... another issue for selur to fix  Tongue

No seriously, the folks at github took my inquery seriously this time , and are on top of it..

Ill keep you posted about the "progress" or regress.. hehe

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - humanoid86 - 11.11.2023

Big Grin 

I myself use RTX-30 and installed the old version of the 535 driver, since 536 and newer were terribly optimized. and now I use 546.01.

in the bug reports of the software I use, complaints from users of Ryzen and RTX-40 predominate

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 11.11.2023

The problem should not be gpu related, since Hybrid only uses the command line tsMuxeR which should not use the gpu.