Selur's Little Message Board
Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 (/thread-3463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 14.11.2023

(14.11.2023, 05:31)Selur Wrote: Argh, this is the other way around. :/
ffmpeg->tsMuxeR did work, but uses a different A_CODEC-tag. :/

That is an affirmative  Cool
double checked it today selur.

Because of ↓ this  Sad

(14.11.2023, 05:31)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Creating the Raw files using tsmux in hybrid resulted in CRASH !.. 
but it worked in your debug output
=> confused
I give up, without a source to reproduce this, this takes way too long.
Seems like the best way to handle this is to drop transport stream output in the future until I can reproduce and debug this problem.
Cu Selu

My bad, i've posted the wrong debug !

No,  especially for you and just for you selur, i redo the whole thing from scratch..
So created the raw files as suggested using ONLY TSmux for demux/mux .. et voila .. succesfull job in hybrid Big Grin

Now, then i have done the same process for Audio AND Video aswell, and did the raw extraction from both A/V , again Succesfull.
The audio from both test runs is used as A_AC3 in hybrid AND TSMUX ..

See the 2 debug zips i've posted for details selur..

So for the last and FINAL step, i tried to create an *.TS (NOT m2ts) this time, just to see how it would act using another container/extension ..
And to do that , again i've used ONLY TSmux for the whole process , NO FFMPEG.

The end result is a .. hate to say it .. Crashes again  Sad (see attachement for details = strike 3 Wink )

Pitty, because tsmux is so much faster than ffmpeg .. actually close to the real max speed of my ssd's..

so Selur, it's pretty much obvious what's next to hold under an magnifying glass.. Yep , → "TS container"  !!!
Because, as soon Tsmux starts the creation/mux process = CRASH is imminent in hybrid !!

Iam 99,99% sure it's an TS+mux issue all the way !!

so what iam gonna do next.. Since it crashes alway's and exactly at arround 38% of the procees..
I'll try to find the right sample and cut out the right piece for you to reproduce this issue, what dya say about that Sir Selur ?

enjoy the debug deciphering  Big Grin
GL

Cheers,

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 14.11.2023

I will not look at this, already spend too much time on this.
Either we find a sample which allows me to reproduce this or I'll simply drop transport stream output support.

Cu Selur

(14.11.2023, 09:55)humanoid86 Wrote:
(08.11.2023, 10:32)humanoid86 Wrote: Huh mb... the problem is in the container, during processing the container broke. or choose another codec/encoder  Huh

After many trial and error .. that's pretty much my GUESS aswell   Idea

(14.11.2023, 17:47)Selur Wrote: I will not look at this, already spend too much time on this.
Either we find a sample which allows me to reproduce this or I'll simply drop transport stream output support.

Cu Selur

LoL.. hey.. what bout all my time and energy i put into creating this  Dodgy !

Like i said, i try to create an sample for you to reproduce this ... not making promises  Angel

Cuz my gut feeling say , it's not timestamp related problem ... which means the issue is from a whole other magnitude!

EDIT:

As expected... i try to calculate and pinpoint the exact spot / time in the mediafile at where it presumable crashes.. And start to cut an sample from there .. But it just doesn't work like that.. Only the TS samples processes succesfull in hybrid from a to Z..

Update:

So creating Ts file from mkv using the same source works.

So , the problem of creating an sample lies whiting mkvtoolnix i guess..  When i recreate an mkv from the "problematic" m2ts file, and run it through hybrid for a remux with tsmux, it doesn't crash anymore.

so, toolnix does some corrections when turning an Ts file into mkv.

I'll try to make an sample using another tool.

cheers,

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 14.11.2023

mkvtoolninx throws away the ac3 core, so ac3+thd will be thd only.
The problem is with the combi streams, their detection and handling.

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 15.11.2023

(14.11.2023, 21:39)Selur Wrote: mkvtoolninx throws away the ac3 core, so ac3+thd  will be thd only.
The problem is with the combi streams, their detection and handling.

You probebly right, haven't checked that .

So, therefor i have cut an sample piece with tsmuxergui, and created an sample with the Truehd+Ac3 core intact.
Because the destination file should be exact the same as the source file content wise , after processing it through tsmuxer..

atleast thats my experience..

And so i ran the small test sample through hybrid again, using only Tsmux for the demux/mux process.  Again no issues.. Dodgy

Finaly, i recreated the complete m2ts media file via tsmuxergui, and run it through hybrid afterwards .  
Just to check out and see if anything is changed about the new source file after creating it via tsmuxergui...

since hybrid crashes only using complete and big media files, not edited samples appearantly.

And as i have experienced in the past,.. though.. the same thing happens with the new created m2ts file.. Crash at exact 38%

. weird..  

so when i cut out an sample starting at proximately 37% ( at where the crash happends) of the media file with an play lenght of 140 mins.
The cut happens at arround the first 54 mins from the media file more or less.. right.

so , to be on the safe side, i start to cut at 45 min... to create an sample.. yet no crash..
So, it seems not to be timestamp related this issue !  

But it could be something to do with the seperated A/V tracks me thinks.. 

Because an Audio track individually has no playback lengths, only framerate. right?

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 15.11.2023

Quote:Because an Audio track individually has no playback lengths, only framerate. right?
a. Audio tracks have a length.
b. Audio tracks have audio frames (audio and video frame length differ)

(15.11.2023, 05:41)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Because an Audio track individually has no playback lengths, only framerate. right?
a. Audio tracks have a length.
b. Audio tracks have audio frames (audio and video frame length differ)

Well , yes that's what iam trying to say..

Lenght = A+V .. right?  And does not apply to audio/video seperated.  

Seperated it's reflected as frames/framerate, i.e: dts,truehd... not talking about mp3 ofcourse..

Cheers,

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 15.11.2023

Even audio raw streams got headers which should show the length&co which should allow calculating the length.

(15.11.2023, 19:23)Selur Wrote: Even audio raw streams got headers which should show the length&co which should allow calculating the length.

realy? Is there an specific tool that reveal that info ?  I mean, media info doesn't cut it to achieve that !

perhaps audacity ?