Selur's Little Message Board
How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? (/thread-1160.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Toothache - 19.09.2019

Hi,

As the title posits. The documentation for MCTemporaldenoise states that a bool parameter can enable GPU, but I don't see that as an option in Hybrid. Could it be that this option is not available in Vapoursynth? Or has it simply not been added in Hybrid?

TIA.

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Selur - 19.09.2019

Vapoursynths MCTemporaldenoise https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/havsfunc/blob/master/havsfunc.py
Does not have any GPU option.

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Toothache - 19.09.2019

Hmm, I see.

BTW, could you add vapoursynth's TemporalDegrain filter in Hybrid? It's parameters are given in the link you provided. I've read good things about it for what I'm trying to do - removing very heavy grain from an HD source.

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Selur - 19.09.2019

Will think about it, personally I would probably use SMDegrain (with adjusted settings) instead.
If you know your way around Vapoursynth you could use the Custom section to use it.

Cu Selur

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Selur - 21.09.2019

Send you a link to a dev version (via PM) which allows supports TemporalDegrain with Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Toothache - 02.10.2019

(21.09.2019, 09:02)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version (via PM) which allows supports TemporalDegrain with Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply. I shall check it out, run a few tests and let you know how it goes.

Meanwhile, may I suggest that there should be a general questions and problems thread for reporting small, easily resolvable issues? It might be more useful than starting a new thread for each little issue.

I wanted to mention that when a vapoursynth script is enabled, Hybrid does not show the FPS and other such info on the titlebar during the encode, as it normally does. That's a very useful feature.

Also, I don't know if this is true in the newer versions, but in the older ones, I think the displayed FPS was calculated using the starting time of the encode and the current clock time. So if an encode was paused for an hour and restarted, the FPS displayed was very inaccurate.

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Selur - 02.10.2019

Quote:I don't know if this is true in the newer versions,
that on it's own disqualifies anything that follows Smile
(Looking at bugs that might be already fixed is usually a waste of my time.)

Quote:Hybrid does not show the FPS and other such info on the titlebar during the encode, as it normally does. That's a very useful feature.
Need more details, normally the fps&co indication should only be depended of:
a. the encoder (and the data it provides)
in case the encoder doesn't provide and progress data
b. the decoder
Whether Vapoursynth is used or not should not have an influence on the progress indication as long as the encoder provides the necessary info.
-> I doubt I can change anything.

Quote:I think the displayed FPS was calculated using the starting time of the encode and the current clock time. So if an encode was paused for an hour and restarted, the FPS displayed was very inaccurate.
That time doesn't come from Hybrid, but from the encoder and since pausing doesn't stop the encoding and the encoder process is still running it is understandable that the calculated fps will be 'off'.

Quote:I suggest that there should be a general questions and problems thread for reporting small, easily resolvable issues?
Not happening, since folks:
a. rarely know what a 'small, easily resolvable issues' is.
b. rarely provide enough data to easily reproduce and thus fix an issue.
-> creating such a thread would just cause more headache for me since I then would have to try to keep track of multiple problems posted to one thread.

Cu Selur

Unfortunately, the encoding doesn't work when the newly added Temporal denoise is applied. It just crashes with the error "...AppData\Local\Temp\2 TDG.265 was not created!"

I merely enabled the denoiser, and did not change any of the default options.

Tell me how to enable detailed logging, and I'll send the logfile.

RE: How to enable GPU for MCTemporaldenoise filter? - Selur - 02.10.2019

Quote:Unfortunately, the encoding doesn't work when the newly added Temporal denoise is applied.
strange the Vapoursynth Preview and encoding work fine here when I enable 'TemporalDegrain' (using latest release 2019.09.30.1)

Quote:Tell me how to enable detailed logging, and I'll send the logfile.
read: https://forum.selur.net/Thread-INFO-Infos-needed-to-fix-reproduce-bugs

Cu Selur

I used the same version that you mentioned (2019.09.30.1). (Windows x64)

I loaded the input file, applied my regular x265 options, went to vapoursynth and selected Temporaldenoising, without changing the defaults. (BTW, the encoding works with just x265, or even if I enable KNLmeansCL in Vapoursynth. Only this new option crashes.)

I am attaching the logfile.