Selur's Little Message Board
[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS (/thread-1279.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - shijan - 17.05.2020

VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.05.17
Changes:
VapourSynth R50
D2V Witch v3
MKVToolNix 46.0.0 (Inside Hybrid.app)
Updated FAQ

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzy3f0zyuyu4yqu/AAAQ9Dn4WFUG8huLOy4VO5zla?dl=0
Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tley3-jnXjDQCKagKAS4WLeiSqIaA5D6?usp=sharing

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - shijan - 13.06.2020

VapourSynth + Plugins + Scripts + Hybrid package update 2020.06.13
Changes:
D2V Witch v4
FFmpeg 4.2.3 (Inside Hybrid.app)
MKVToolNix 47.0.0 (Inside Hybrid.app)
Updated plug-ins: BM3D, DCTFilter, DFTTest, EEDI3m, FFT3DFilter, MVTools, NNEDI3CL
Updated FAQ

Arrow DOWNLOAD from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzy3f0zyuyu4yqu/AAAQ9Dn4WFUG8huLOy4VO5zla?dl=0
Arrow DOWNLOAD from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tley3-jnXjDQCKagKAS4WLeiSqIaA5D6?usp=sharing

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 21.06.2020

I’m a complete newbie, not quite sure but when i dont interlace with qtgmc the file starts processing, but when i have it on, it crashes i get either a bit it too small error Or helper1, exitCode: 11 error.

Followed instructions to the T

I have an interlaced video i ripped from makemkv
Ntsc 29.97 
I wanted to interlace with qtgmc placebo with 1.50 noise reduction and bob for 59.94 fps. 

I will try and paste the script on here.

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 21.06.2020

May be shijan can say more about it, but
helper1, exitCode: 11 error.
indicates that the decoder crashes, so there is probably something 'off' with the Vapoursynth integration.
Check the Vapousynth Preview, it might give some more details about the problem.

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 21.06.2020

(21.06.2020, 06:27)Selur Wrote: May be shijan  can say more about it, but
helper1, exitCode: 11 error.
indicates that the decoder crashes, so there is probably something 'off' with the Vapoursynth integration.
Check the Vapousynth Preview, it might give some more details about the problem.
Thanks Selur!
i have reached out to him.

quick question about hybrid. Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
i ran dgiindex on windows of a ripped tv show from a dvd and it says interlaced ntsc video
however when i run the 2-pass interlace scanner From within hybrid the little white box at the bottom told me the same video was telecined. 

thanks for the help.

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 21.06.2020

Quote:Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
Nope it's a heuristic trying to guess the interlaced state, only way for sure what the source is, is to look at the frame/field patterns.
When the source is Ntsc 29.97 it's probably not interlaced, but telecined.
-> Look at the Vapoursynth Preview to see the effects when VIVTC or QTGMC are used.

Cu Selur

(21.06.2020, 06:46)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Is the interlace 2-pass scanner accurate?
Nope it's a heuristic trying to guess the interlaced state, only way for sure what the source is, is to look at the frame/field patterns.
When the source is Ntsc 29.97 it's probably not interlaced, but telecined.
-> Look at the Vapoursynth Preview to see the effects when VIVTC or QTGMC are used.

Cu Selur
Well it’s when i runt qtgmc is when i get that error helper 11 or byte size too small. 
i am running vivtc right now With no issues. 

So neither dgindex nor the built in scanner can tell me. 

I have to say selur, your software is amazing. The ability to see all the options laid out, with descriptions. Clearly this is a labor of love, with how much effort you put into this.
I am a Mac user coming from handbrake this software has a much bigger learning curve.  I wish you coded for handbrake, Handbrake is in the stone age compared to all these new filters.

Happy you have a use for Hybrid, even when the mac version hasn't got any code changes and updates for 2+ years. Smile

Cu Selur

(21.06.2020, 07:34)Selur Wrote: Happy you have a use for Hybrid, even when the mac version hasn't got any code changes and updates for 2+ years. Smile

Cu Selur
I don't need changes, although,
docker is becoming very popular. there are ways to make a thin docker container with a thin install of windows (maximum compatibility with vapoursynth and avisynth) could also be made with a thin linux os.
then the docker apps could be loaded on any system (basically a sandboxed application)

I talk as if I know how to do this stuff but I don’t.. or else I would make one.

so interesting issue. when I run qtgmc on vapoursynth with medium setting it works.

when I drop the setting in qtgmc from medium to slow, slower, or very slow, placebo, or custom. that's when I get a crash because the byte size is too small error,

this is my script for medium which works, will try slow script as comparison.
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading /Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Medium", TFF=True)
# Output
clip.set_output()

my very slow script
# Imports
import os
import sys
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = '/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/vsscripts'
sys.path.append(os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# Loading /Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Volumes/Volume 2/Five Mile Creek/title_t00.mkv", format="YUV420P8", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as unspec
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="unspec",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 30000/1001
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# with preset 'Very Slow' and 'Placebo' QTGMC is limited to 8bit YUV/GRAY only due to FF3dFilter
# setting field order to what QTGMC should assume
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2)
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Very Slow", TFF=True)
# Output
clip.set_output()

about your problem:
Different presets use different libraries.
The Vapoursynth Preview should give an error message if a library is missing,...

--
about docker: I have no problem in case anyone wants to setup and maintain a docker container and share it for free with others.

Cu Selur