Selur's Little Message Board
[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS (/thread-1279.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 21.06.2020

(21.06.2020, 11:33)Selur Wrote: about your problem:
Different presets use different libraries.
The Vapoursynth Preview should give an error message if a library is missing,...

--
about docker: I have no problem in case anyone wants to setup and maintain a docker container and share it for free with others.

Cu Selur
It says qtgmc requires yuv/ gray
could it be my color profile is wrong?

should i pick high 4:2:2 or something like that?

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 21.06.2020

Quote: says qtgmc requires yuv/ gray
According to your scripts, QTGMC is fed with YUV420P8 content, which should be fine.
The line:
# with preset 'Very Slow' and 'Placebo' QTGMC is limited to 8bit YUV/GRAY only due to FF3dFilter
is a notice of Hybrid not an error message,...

Cu Selur

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 21.06.2020

(21.06.2020, 11:51)Selur Wrote:
Quote: says qtgmc requires yuv/ gray
According to your scripts, QTGMC is fed with YUV420P8 content, which should be fine.
The line:
# with preset 'Very Slow' and 'Placebo' QTGMC is limited to 8bit YUV/GRAY only due to FF3dFilter
is a notice of Hybrid not an error message,...

Cu Selur
thanks for the input that's good news, I was searching for this error I keep getting. 

the error I get is similar to this thread
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1251

added new job with id 05_53_32_7310
-> should be there after processing: /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/iId_1_aid_0_lang_en_05_53_32_7310_01.ac3
starting 05_53_32_7310_01_audio@05:53:32.755 - /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/265very.mkv
finished after 00:00:01.598
-> should be there after processing: /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/05_53_32_7310_03.264
starting 05_53_32_7310_03_video@05:53:34.507 - /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/265very.mkv
finished after 00:00:02.452
-> 05_53_32_7310_03_video crashed: ERROR: /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/05_53_32_7310_03.264 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Aborting '05_53_32_7310_03_video' due to: ERROR: /Users/sasha/Desktop/fresh/verrrry/05_53_32_7310_03.264 is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Job 05_53_32_7310 finished!

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 21.06.2020

Error in the Vapoursynth Preview not the job processing.
If the Vapoursynth Preview fails, so will the encoding,...
Like I wrote:
Quote:The Vapoursynth Preview should give an error message if a library is missing,...

Cu Selur

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - shijan - 21.06.2020

Vapoursynth Preview on macOS is very buggy and in most cases ends with program crash. Do not touch those Preview buttons if you want stable work. It was described in FAQ Bugs and Fixes.
Just create small lossless crop of your source and render it quickly to experiment with settings.
Make sure you add job for audio track. And that audio codec is supported by container.
Read and learn the FAQ in first post.
Read all this thread for workflow details https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109259
Most basic options work well. I test every update release with NTSC VOB and and PAL ProRes sources deinterlaced and rendered to ProRes and to x264.

P.S. It is funny but a lot of current bugs reported on Windows version don't exists on legacy macOS version.

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 22.06.2020

Shijan or Selur
I have hybrid running great on my mojave Running on ESXI. Did all the terminal scripts to get the app to run.
aside from qtgmc crashing on slow, very slow, placebo, or custom, everything seems to work great.

I wanted to see if i disabled the same securities on catalina But When i load up the app it says ffmbc failed to start within 5 seconds, and quits. 
I am wondering if the ffmbc needs to be upgraded to 64bit like mentioned previously Here?
https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1224&pid=6890#pid6890

Second question is for Selur, did you ever get a mac to do updates on for hybrid. I know you have zero interest since you don’t own/use macs anymore. However, We wouldn't ask for the same Build schedule as the windows and linux. Maybe just for major build changes or very serious bugs. You could even start a patreon page wouldn’t mind throwing money monthly to keep the project going. But if a computer is all you need, i can show you how to run esxi on a plain ordinary pc, and get mac os installed on it. Thats how i run my mojave and catalina and both work great. 

Also thirdly, i ran a video through qtgmc on medium which is the slowest i can go before it crashes, and Still i can’t believe my eyes, the difference, between handbrake eedi on very slow vs qtgmc. Qtgmc kicked handbrake’s butt, by a long shot. The video looked so crisp. If i get on handbrake forums and start singing the praise of hybrid, and if you had a patreon page setup, you would probably get a huge monetary push for keeping this app current on mac. 

Back to qtgmc, the video i had when i analyzed it on the windows hybrid current version it said it was a blended pal to ntsc conversion. Which makes sense it was a disney dvd from a tv show filmed in australia, it would make sense. Dgindex for pc said it was interlaced. The hybrid for mac analyzed it and said it was telecined. Anyway i decided to give just qtgmc a go, and wow i still cant believe the results. 
I read on another forum people recommended qtgmc and then srestore to 25fps for a blended pal to ntsc, but srestore just seems to add more combing.

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 22.06.2020

a. don't own a mac, exis might be interesting is there a free version which isn't limited to 30days?
b. regarding QTGMC -> what does the Vapoursynth Script View say that the script looks like? (slower presets use ff3dfilter)
c. about qtgmc+restore: usually using QTGMC in bob mode and then using sRestore works fine for me.

Cu Selur

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Adamcarter - 22.06.2020

Esxi is essentially free for up to i think 6-8 cores.
The one i use is esxi 6.7u3 and u need 2 usbs. One for the esxi installer and rhe other for it to be installed on. 

For getting mac to work it requires running a script. I can walk u thru that part. Then u upload an .iso version of catalina (or whatever os you want to work on) hybrid seems to be working on mojave, but most mac users tend to update their os every year so a catalina build would be awesome. 

The nice thing about esxi (doesnt require u buying a mac) can use pretty much any intel pc i think ryzen is ok too.

Pm me and i can help when u want to start..

RE: VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS - Selur - 22.06.2020

Probably busy the whole week, but if it's okay I might contact you on the weekend.

Cu Selur

Sounds good To me.