Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 19.08.2020

Hybrid only uses and knows the temp folder configured under "Config->Path->Default temp path" adjust that folder to for example /Users/XY/temp and your should be fine.
If you use and profiles/defaults which include the GlobalDataModel make sure those do not change that path to '/private/...' back.

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Adamcarter - 19.08.2020

Shijan small story

i have a very old macbook pro (2010) which no longer supports mojave or catalina. 

However, i am able to install mojave and catalina via an app created By a guy called dosdude1.com. His program is two-fold it patches the initial installer and operating system, but also has a patching app that gets placed in the utilities folder that when he releases new Driver updates, the app pops up and asks if you would like to install updates and it installs them and then restarts if it needs to. 

I am wondering if maybe meatwad could create a separate app that checks his Mac compiled Plugins or repositories for new updated plugins and if it sees an updated Plugin, it lets the user know and then installs it. It could Probably set to check in the background actually.  

The plugins And scripts only go in two folders, so it shouldn’t be too complicated. And before the app would update the plugins it would obviously need the user to enter password Before it updates since these plugins are within the system folder.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 19.08.2020

(19.08.2020, 05:07)Selur Wrote: Hybrid only uses and knows the temp folder configured under "Config->Path->Default temp path" adjust that folder to for example /Users/XY/temp and your should be fine.
If you use and profiles/defaults which include the GlobalDataModel make sure those do not change that path to '/private/...' back.

Cu Selur
I set path under "Config->Path->Default temp path" to normal basic folder. I done the same before and it worked.
I don't use any global profiles/defaults.
I try to save and load profile, and it don't changes temp path.
Basic render operations use selected temp folder without any problem, but Preview window gives that error about some private/var folder path i never use.

(19.08.2020, 05:10)Adamcarter Wrote: I am wondering if maybe meatwad could create a separate app that checks his Mac compiled Plugins or repositories for new updated plugins and if it sees an updated Plugin, it lets the user know and then installs it. It could Probably set to check in the background actually.
The plugins And scripts only go in two folders, so it shouldn’t be too complicated. And before the app would update the plugins it would obviously need the user to enter password Before it updates since these plugins are within the system folder.

Great idea, but i guess it is better to ask meatwad about this but not me.
I already suggested him to move plug-ins to github, or some other common place to simpler download and track updated versions, but he still use Mediafire for some unknown reason Smile

@shijan: did you figure out where you set the temp folder? If not create a debug output and share it.
@Adamcarter: using Teamviewer works fine. Smile

btw. for those interested I attached a fresh
  • x265 build
  • FrameCounter
  • faac

Cu Selur

Still can't make VS work. Once again. I use separate "temp" volume and manually created folder "Hybrid Temp" for Hybrid temp items as well as for many other apps temp items. Exact same settings, scripts and VS plug-ins works well with old version of Hybrid.
Here is Log archive and my actions:
- start Hybrid
- open file
- turn on QTGMC preset Slow
- open VS preview with Error
- open basic preview with error
- hit "render" but job was wot finished.

Okay, I never looked ad the normal Preview, my bad.
Will look at that later.
When using Vapoursynth, you should use the Vapoursynth Preview not normal Preview. Smile

Cu Selur

Working on the normal preview now.
Check the Vapoursynth Previw something or call:
"/usr/local/bin/vspipe" --info "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/encodingTempSynthSkript_2020-08-19@18_53_26_4510.vpy" -
this should also output errors. Smile

Cu Selur

Ps.: also please check the tools I added to the post above whether they work on your system. On Mac I'm always unsure whether the tools are compiled correctly. Smile

Not sure how to test other tools but updated x265 render works.
Problem: when use FFmpeg instead of MP4box render to MP4 file, and playback MP4 file in QuickLook or in QuickTimeX player - there is a jumping frames effect (same jumping effect was in old version of Hybrid when use FFmpeg instead of MP4box to render x265/264 to MP4file. But in new Hybrid this problem visible only with x265)
No jumping effect when playback in VLC player.

with x265 MP4box also add additional empty first frame when video contain audio track.

Here are screengrab examples:

[Image: YKXIaff.gif]
[Image: xCa4ULZ.gif]

I understood you the last time you posted about it.
The problem is that QuickLook is a crappy player, which like old Quicktime requires some additional adjustments which ffmpeg might not be able to do.
You can try if enabling/disabling one of the other options under 'Mp4 Settings' helps with the issue. (I doubt it, but it might be worth a try; especially try the 'Force HEVC tag')

This has nothing to do with Hybrid directly so I will look at it once the basic stuff works.

Quote:Not sure how to test other tools but updated x265 render works
call them in a terminal in case they don't throw an error they probably work. Smile

Also please stick with one issue at a time especially if you post them all in this thread.
First thing you should try is the Vapoursynth Preview.
If it reports an error share that error.

Cu Selur