Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 26.08.2020

And seems we found a source of problem with sangnom errors:

/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/bin/vspipe --info /Users/shph/Desktop/test.vpy -

Script evaluation failed:
Python exception: Plugin load of /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnom.dylib failed, namespace sangnom already populated by /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnommod.dylib

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "/Users/shph/Desktop/test.vpy", line 20, in <module>
core.std.LoadPlugin('/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnom.dylib')
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2069, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: Plugin load of /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnom.dylib failed, namespace sangnom already populated by /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnommod.dylib

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 26.08.2020

Quote:Python exception: Plugin load of /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnom.dylib failed, namespace sangnom already populated by /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/libsangnommod.dylib
Ah okay, that doesn't happen on Windows since I always load each library explicitly and don't use the autoload.
Best solution would probably be to only use sangnommod since it's the newer library and adjust all the script accordingly (if need be).
-> Does it work if you simply delete libsangnom.dylib (or libsangnommod.dylib) ?

will try to look at the rest of the post tomorrow

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 26.08.2020

Test 1. I removed SangNomMod and use SangNom.
MAA and AAF filters WORKS.
SangNomMod Anti Aliasing don't works.
Santiag Anti Aliasing filter don't works:
if i choose "Type: sangnom" - No error, but empty preview window.
If i use "Type: selectHV" - Error "TypeError: santiag() got an unexpected keyword argument 'typevh'"

ChaosKing response at doom9 that: selectHV is not a valid type. Read the doc https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/havsfunc/blob/e56f8f787bd4b679e6d14c9b08bf0460a3480ea4/havsfunc.py#L134
type = "nnedi3", "eedi2", "eedi3" or "sangnom"

Test 2. I removed SangNom and use SangNomMod.
MAA and AAF give me ERROR
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: There is no function named SangNom

File "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile09_22_44_706.vpy", line 33, in <module>
    clip = havsfunc.aaf(inputClip=clip)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 5333, in aaf
    aa = aa.sangnom.SangNom(aa=aay)
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1934, in vapoursynth.Plugin.__getattr__
AttributeError: There is no function named SangNom

Santiag if i choose "Type: sangnom" give me ERROR
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: There is no function named SangNom

File "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile09_24_35_473.vpy", line 33, in <module>
    clip = havsfunc.santiag(c=clip, type="sangnom", opencl=True, device=1)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 218, in santiag
    c = santiag_dir(c, strh, typeh, fwh, fhh)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 150, in santiag_dir
    c = santiag_stronger(c, strength, type)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 172, in santiag_stronger
    c = santiag_stronger(c, strength - 1, type)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/python3.8/site-packages/havsfunc.py", line 195, in santiag_stronger
    return c.sangnom.SangNom(order=field, aa=aa)
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1934, in vapoursynth.Plugin.__getattr__
AttributeError: There is no function named SangNom

SangNomMod Anti Aliasing WORKS

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Adamcarter - 26.08.2020

@shijan you mentioned prores 422 hq was essentially Lossless do i need to pick others settings other than that, there seems to be other options within prores422hq that i can pick. 

Selur 
I noticed on legacy hybrid 2018 if i pick x264 i can’t pick crf=0 which is essentially lossless, it goes as low as 1.0. I was on some forums that mentioned That x264 has a range from 0-63, with a  Crf=0 Being lossless. Is this a hybrid limitation?

Secondly, for the encoding suggestions you mentioned for that video i shared return to treasure Island. 
Could you show me via pictures the settings i need to pick on hybrid? Or do i just copy the code scripts?

No rush on this, would rather have the focus on the mac app than my video, but see where the settings are located and what i should click on would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance. 
And thank you for your hard work.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 27.08.2020

@Adamcarter PM'ed to you...

@ Selur
Also in addition to color edges degradation. I notice that there is a some brightness levels shift when use Color -> ColorMatrix transform.
Seems brightness levels shift visible only in VS viewer preview. When rendered to x264 and in player levels are back to normal.
But chroma edges artifacts are still there.

UPDATE. seems chroma edges artifacts where caused by MPEG1 source. Seems Hybrid reads MPEG1 in some strange way. When i convert source file to 10bit ProRes422HQ and import again in hybrid, chroma edges have no artifacts when i apply 601 to 709 color matrix. But anyway other problems with color matrix still exists. I am not soo deeply technical in theory to explain the nature of this transformation. Seems part of this problem was discussed here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=514595#post514595
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37082
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82217

Is it possible to arrange buttons in "Audio Presets" and in "Config -> Profiles" in same order as buttons in other places?
| Apply | Delete | Save | Save Same |

[Image: RI9UNDg.jpg]
[Image: YF1N0ax.jpg]

[Image: p9dNXf2.jpg]
[Image: wJOG1ly.jpg]

Also it seems there is some confusion:
Button "Save" in Hybrid acts as button "Save As..." in all other apps
Button "Save Same" in Hybrid acts as button "Save" in all other apps

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 27.08.2020

Hopefulle I didn't miss something, if I did post again about it.
  1. Loading cube files in TimeCube should work now.
  2. Regarding ColorMatrix and 'Rec.2020', no clue how to properly use it. Seems like the call needs additional parameters, but I couldn't find any usable documentaion.
    -> removed 'Rec.2020'
  3. Quote:Meatwad mentioned that getting ffmbc compiled for mac may not be worth the trouble. He said it was meant to support DNxHD and Prores better which is already in FFMpeg.
    -> https://forum.selur.net/showthread.php?tid=1495&pid=8551#pid8551
  4. Quote:I always wonder why tabs in "Config" tab made like this?
    They are this way due to some problems with MacOS (back from 10.9 iirc).
    Problem was the 'Output'-tab, when using additional tabs in it MacOS broke the layout.
    No clue whether this is still the case,...
    -> not spending time on this at this moment, since I think the other issues are more important.
  5. Quote:Filtering -> Other -> VFM ERROR
    "Got an empty value for 'vsOVFMMChroma', please report to Selur!"
    You probably used some old preset or profile which didn't include the value.
    -> reset your defaults and don't try to use old presets&code, I told you before this would cause unforseen problems,...
  6. Quote:"AntiAliasing - Nedi3aa" located before global "AntiAliasing"
    -> "AnitAliasing" typo fixed
  7. Quote: seems chroma edges artifacts where caused by MPEG1 source. Seems Hybrid reads MPEG1 in some strange way.
    Seems like a bug in the source filter, nothing I can do about it.
    Especially since I don't know what source filter is used for your input.
  8. Quote:DeHalo YAHR ERROR
    Works fine here. -> reset your defaults don't use old presets&co.
  9. Quote:Also in ColorMatrix SMPTE 240M may be broken as well.
    In all sources it is described that SMPTE 240M should look similar to BT.709 https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=133982 https://avisynth.org.ru/docs/english/externalfilters/colormatrix.htm
    But in Hybrid ColorMatrix SMPTE 240M looks same as Rec.601
    If the Vapoursynth calls are correct, there is nothing I can do about it. You would have to complain to the Vapoursynth authors.
  10. Quote:Error "TypeError: santiag() got an unexpected keyword argument 'typevh'"
    Yup, that's a typo should be named 'typev' instead of 'typevh'.
  11. SangNomMod vs SangNomMod:
    -> I opened an issue about it with the dev: https://github.com/HomeOfVapourSynthEvolution/VapourSynth-SangNomMod/issues/5
    Waiting for a reply from the authors to decide what to do.
  12. Quote:I noticed on legacy hybrid 2018 if i pick x264 i can’t pick crf=0 which is essentially lossless, it goes as low as 1.0. I was on some forums that mentioned That x264 has a range from 0-63, with a Crf=0 Being lossless. Is this a hybrid limitation?
    To use lossless encoding use:
    1. Encoding Mode: 'constant quantizer (1-pass)'; because using crf=0 is just a syntactic sugar for cq=0.
    2. AVC Profile: 'High 4:4:4' or 'None'
    3. enabled 'Lossless'
  13. Quote:Could you show me via pictures the settings i need to pick on hybrid? Or do i just copy the code scripts?
    Which of the settings is unclear?
  14. Quote:Is it possible to arrange buttons in "Audio Presets" and in "Config -> Profiles" in same order as buttons in other places?
    -> rearranged the buttons
  15. Quote:Also it seems there is some confusion:
    Button "Save" in Hybrid acts as button "Save As..." in all other apps
    Button "Save Same" in Hybrid acts as button "Save" in all other apps
    Not really.
    'Save'-> Saves current settings under a new name
    'Save Same' -> Save the current setting under the selected name

Uploaded a new version to the google drive.

Cu Selur

Ps.: @Adamcarter: best open a separate thread about your video, since it's not really related to the new version.

Aha, so i need to reset presets every time i update hybrid. I thought it was critical only when move from 2018 to 2020 version.

See my update about Color Matrix chroma edges: "seems chroma edges artifacts where caused by MPEG1 source. Seems Hybrid reads MPEG1 in some strange way. When i convert source file to 10bit ProRes422HQ and import again in hybrid, chroma edges have no artifacts when i apply 601 to 709 color matrix. But anyway other problems with color matrix still exists."
So formally currently only 601 to 709 and 709 to 601 works for sure.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 27.08.2020

Quote:Aha, so i need to reset presets every time i update hybrid. I thought it was critical only when move from 2018 to 2020 version.
No, you don't need to reset the presets, but from the looks of it you did not start with properly reset settings when switching to 2020 and somewhere along the lines mixed old and new presets/settings.

Quote:So formally currently only 601 to 709 and 709 to 601 works for sure.
Look at the Vapoursynth calls, are those correct?
If they are it's a bug in Vapoursynth, if they are wrong it's a bug in Hybrid I can fix.

Cu Selur

Also instead color matrix we can now use TimeCube. I see you add a lot or transformation LUTs for this