Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 02.09.2020

uploaded a fixed version (same name), should work now.

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 02.09.2020

ok. it works now.

What else to test in this option? Seems no visible external changes.
I only keep notice and collect confusions in UI naming and arrangement for possible fixes in future.

----

Also SVT encoders stlil require manual path setup. Hidden experimental stuff yet?
[Image: rvxbElq.jpg]
aomenc seems like render but very very very slow.
kvazaar same error as before
2020-09-02@22_42_13_3910_01_video crashed: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/44.1hz test source-hybrid_2020-09-02@22_42_13_3910_01.265 was not created!
Aborting '2020-09-02@22_42_13_3910_01_video' due to: ERROR: /Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/44.1hz test source-hybrid_2020-09-02@22_42_13_3910_01.265 was not created!

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 02.09.2020

Did not have time to look at those, got barely any free time during the week. Try to look more at stuff over the weekend. There are also some missing/old tools.

Cu Selur

VIVTC to QTGMC set to Very Slow produce lines artifact, that looks very similar to KNLMeansCL described earlier here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1921718#post1921718. Seems it may use under the hood KNLMeansCL Denoiser (KNLMeansCL filter still installed in my system)

Seems my mistake, i just set incorrect field order for VIVTC filter.

All presets and NNEDi3 works well
This is really fundamental quality improvement in VIVTC filter

SVT-AV1 8bit MP4 (using both FFmpeg and MP4box muxers) - can't open file in Quicktime/Quicklook.

SVT-HEVC MP4/MKV can't save file if render settings set to 8 bit depth.
-> 2020-09-03@00_43_47_1210_02_video crashed: Helper1, exitCode: 13
Aborting '2020-09-03@00_43_47_1210_02_video' due to: Helper1, exitCode: 13

The main question - what is the real practical purpose of all those experimental encoders right now? Smile

I was suggested it before, but you reject idea. But who knows, maybe you change your mind over time... I really believe that these options may be useful in UI instead of misc.ini:
disableIcons
fontSize
toolTipFontSize
noOverwriting

Filtering -> Other -> VFM - popup error window "Got an empty value for 'vsOVFMMChroma', please report to Selur!"

VIVTC (Vapoutsynth) MISSING in Filter(s) presets list

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Adamcarter - 03.09.2020

@selur
 Does this mean i can now do the equivalent of clip2=needi3 under vivtc, comparable to the  avisynth Script below?

TFM(mode=5,slow=2,clip2=nnedi3()).TDecimate(hybrid=1).Vinverse()

What about the slow=2? I tried looking at options under vivtc vs tfm. Is there an equivalent? 

How about the rest tdecimate (hybrid=1)

And “vinverse()“
Does this mean default vinverse settings “on” or that “Vinverse off” and no parameters are set.

@shijan
What do you mean qtgmc and needi3 in vivtc is Really a fundamental quality improvement? Are you saying it’s glad i asked selur to add it? Which is better needi3 or qtgmc in vivtc?

I thought detelecine just removed telecined frames? I didn’t realize it deinterlaced some of the frames as well. Wow my mind is blown. 

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 03.09.2020

A lot of cartoons show interlaced frames in dynamic scenes when you simply detelecine them. I tested some vob examples and here is what i think:
- qtgmc seems produce better quality than needi3.
- qtgmc 100% removes all interlaced fields that left after detelecine (even if i use simplest VFM detelecine preset. No need additional Vinverse or any similar filters)
- qtgmc may produce jagged artifacts in straight diagonal lines. Not sure if it is a bug in settings or if it script needs some fine tuning. But in some situations qtgmc deinterlaces straight lines less accurate than basic "inner" preset (i didn't play a lot yet with threshold and other settings)
- basic "inner" preset usually can't deinterlace a lot of interlaced frames in dynamic scenes.
See examples:
[Image: efRTBHX.jpg][Image: 4gnSzJ5.jpg]

OThis is interesting

Ok qtgmc is better than needi3, but is needi3 better than the standard vfm?

Does it too produce more jagged lines on straight diagonal lines?

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 03.09.2020

needi3 produce same jagged lines as qtgmc in same places.
I guess it is better to discuss VIVTC settings in separate topic. Don't trust anyone, do own tests and compare Smile This is the only way to learn things for sure.
Probably TFM(mode=5,slow=2,clip2=nnedi3()).TDecimate(hybrid=1).Vinverse() may descripted like this:
TFM(mode=5,slow=2,clip2=nnedi3()) = VIVTC deinterlacer
TDecimate(hybrid=1) = TDecimate is part of TIVTC. It is a decimation filter intended to remove duplicates from a video stream http://avisynth.nl/index.php/TIVTC/TDecimate
.Vinverse() = RCR Vinverse filter (additional external or as part of some script inside VIVTC)

The only real question related to Hybrid is: Not sure if it is a bug in settings or if it script needs some fine tuning. But in some situations qtgmc deinterlaces straight lines less accurate than basic "inner" preset

I think you confused me even more.

I don’t see slow=2 in vivtc. Are you saying that is standard vivtc to go the slowest When doing mode 5 which is the slowest most accurate of the detelecing algorithms. Or is the slow referring To needi3 speed, like you had qtgmc very slow. Can i select qtgmc Placebo as an option under vivtc or is very slow the slowest.

Haven’t downloaded the newest selur build, as i don’t know what else i do once i install it, what old folders i need to remove what plugins i need to put back ( i like those packages you create where it tells me what to do with what. 

Dont make one now, i’m running topaz on both my vms, and not doing any work needed for hybrid yet. Besides i think selur may have several revisions done before i need to use it (and it is still in early development)

As far as qtgmc creating these jagged Lines. Can you show these to the developer Of qtgmc For vapoursynth? Is it still actively being Improved?