Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Adamcarter - 17.09.2020

(17.09.2020, 19:30)Selur Wrote: small tip: to better spot differences:
  • enable 'Filter view'
  • enable  'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Preview Settings->SpliView
  • set  'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Preview Settings->FilterView Placement' to 'interleave'
This is excellent

this way you should see alternating the frames of input and filtered.
Also make sure that 'Crop/Resize->Base->Resize' is enabled otherwise Waifu won't be used..

THATSSSSSS ITTTTTT that was the mkssing link.  that’s why i didnt notice anything. Welp the macbook pro i have doesnt have metal support because its on catalina and it doesnt support catalina LOL i run catalina via dosdude1’s software. Lol

my vms don’t have a video card yet, but if i am going to get metal support i will need esxi 7.

ok february i may upgrade to esxi 7

hahaha so close.

Thanks Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 17.09.2020

update finally finished, uploaded a new version,...

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 17.09.2020

levels gamma works
timecube + levels gamma works
disableicons don't works
laggy horizontal resizing

I guess Tweak and Limiter needs same RGB mode bugfix as levels gamma.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Adamcarter - 17.09.2020

Selur

If you ever have to reinstall your vms again

You could try doing an esxi 6.7u3 update. It is normally off by defualt because we used the dell installer

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/rn/esxi670-202008001.html#esxi670-202008405-bg-resolved

It requires u to turn off the vms
Upload the update from 8/20/2020 to a separate folder on the datastore. 
Ssh in
Turn on maintenance mode via cli

And run the update commands
I have never done it, but it may solve the snapshot issue. 

Again please please dont do this, unless you are making a new vm anyway.  No sense in doing it if everything is working.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 18.09.2020

@Adamcarter: I'll keep it in mind.

Quote:laggy horizontal resizing
Since Hybrid itself shouldn't be resizeable and you didn't give any details.
-> I have no clue what the problem is or how to reproduce it.

Quote:I guess Tweak and Limiter needs same RGB mode bugfix as levels gamma.
again no details Sad

I see no problem with:
# input color space: YUV420P10, bit depth: 10, resolution: 640x352, fps: 25
# Loading F:\TestClips&Co\files\10bit Test.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="F:/TestClips&Co/files/10bit Test.mkv", format="YUV420P10", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# Color Adjustment
clip = core.std.Limiter(clip=clip, min=64, max=940)
# Output
clip.set_output()
also doesn't make sense that Limiter needs RGB, since it's a YUV only filter.

I see no problem with:
# input color space: YUV420P10, bit depth: 10, resolution: 640x352, fps: 25
# Loading F:\TestClips&Co\files\10bit Test.mkv using LWLibavSource
clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="F:/TestClips&Co/files/10bit Test.mkv", format="YUV420P10", cache=0)
# making sure input color matrix is set as 470bg
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="470bg",range_s="limited")
# making sure frame rate is set to 25
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# Color Adjustment
clip = adjust.Tweak(clip=clip, hue=0.03, sat=1.05, cont=1.08, bright=24, coring=True)
# Output
also doesn't make sense that Limiter needs RGB, since it's a YUV only filter.

=> No clue what artifacts you see or what you see to produce them, but YUV only filters feeding RGB input seem simply wrong.

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 18.09.2020

As i noticed earlier, due UI restrictions in last versions of Hybrid i don't interested to provide bug reports and update dmg package yet. I just use Hybrid_2020_09_15 because UI resize and human friendly buttons are important.

about those two options:
  • resizing: was never intended and only popped up since the 'Mac OS <> Qt' connection changed.
  • buttons with text instead of icons: don't make sense since they increase the size an necessary and seem to cause confusion with the chosen names; this was only added as a debug feature, which it was only added to the *hidden options*. The number of user which have reported to use this option can be counted on one hand which is why spending days trying to maintain them does not seem to make sense.

=>
1. if you need resizing: sorry, but then you should look for another tool
2. while there is no solution for the size/layout and naming problems for the buttons icons only will be kept

Cu Selur

Ps.: I also think it's a good thing not to post updates for 'work-in-progress' builds.

I don't know what to say more. I can only repeat that those icons are confused and ugly. In addition there are ugly buttons rectangles visible under icons when pressed.
Why hide normal native buttons with unusual artificial buttons? Why waste so many time to hide normal buttons and insert some images instead?
The only place where buttons array feels too wide is Jobs tab. There is no problem with buttons fit in any other part of UI.

Window resize is a bug. Great logic. It is like watch HD movie frammed in 640x480 player window, and instantly scroll horizontal and vertical to see different parts of movie instead of resize player window to fullscreen.

This is all against logic, against usability and against any normal UI design guidelines. It is up to you how to make an app, but i just don't want to use app UI like this. Just odd that so many work, improvements and bugfixes now overlapped by these strange limitations and totally different UI look and feel.

in short:
If you don't like Hybrid for some reason and if you don't want to use it that is your prerogative.

in long:
Here's where I stand:
  • I'm spending my free time to develop a free tool, for those how what to use it. (Free time aside from family and my normal job.)
  • I try to help those that provide enough details for me to understand what they want.
  • I try to fix bugs (only based on the latest version) that I can reproduce given the details of the one reporting the issue.
  • If folks ask for new features support for xy I always look into their requests and try to give them feedback. Not always positive feedback, but at least I try to give feedback.
  • I don't claim that Hybrid is perfect or designed to be user friendly.
    Why because:
    a. there is no perfection for everybody
    b. I have no clue what other people like
    c. I don't have the time or motivation to spend my free time on trying to design icons and try to figure out what might be a more user friendly approach without killing of existing functionality and usability.

Personally I'm happy with the buttons, but I'm no designer, artist and I don't claim to be.

So, if you want better buttons, present alternatives (in png/svg format).
You hinted that Apple offers free button images for Swift, but as far as I can tell those can't be used without using Swift, so they are useless.

-> If you don't like the way Hybrid works or how I change things inside it you can try to convince me, but at the end of the day I have the last word since I spend my free time on it and aside from some small donations (which I'm thankful for since they show that folks care) I do not get any compensation aside from the general joy of working on my hobby.

Cu Selur

I like Hybrid. And after all those small redesigns and improvements during this Summer it became 100% logical and very friendly to navigate. To be honest i never seen system with so many options arranged in so easy to navigate multi levels tabs system. I will be happy to discuss UI problem and explain further if it helps.

From early days icons in Hybrid felt very uncomfortable, so i was really happy when i find that hidden "disableicons" option and match UI no normal macOS look and feel.
It may be due Mac vs Windows historical logic. Windows only apps developers in most cases use some random bizzare interface logic. Every app looks different, controls and menus arranged in random places, and there is no any unified style for apps. Well arranged UI in Windows is more an exception than rule. Same time Mac and Linux apps always preserve more unified and UI concepts defined by common guidelines. This helps to use multiple apps without re-learning new logic every time. And in most cases users care a lot about that usability.

If apps are based on native system UI - they always use normal buttons.
it is ok to use some basic seamless easy to recognize common symbols like + - (add remove) stop/play/pause, "export" icon, "gear" usually mean preferences and anyone will understand it. Those symbols are usually placed inside button frames instead of text names to illustrate simple common actions or just to add some visual accents.

Same time there are a lot of other more nuanced actions that are not so easy to imagine as icon. Complicated actions like "browse", "save preset" "save as..." "remove all" "overwrite" "add to queue" and similar are not efficient to represent as icons because there is no any common well recognized icon associations for them.

Icon with text works well, because even if icon is not exactly recognized, human reads text and icon just works like additional visual hint. In many cases this combination may be useless and may add a lot of "visual noise" to UI.
Icon+text works well in menus when too many similar text names are supported but different looking icons.

Design and development of more-less well recognized icon system require a lot of work, thinking and testing. And in the end even pretty looking "icons only" complicated system still be confused and not easy to operate. For apps like this this is a total useless waste of time and useless artificial complexity.

Some examples:
[Image: LSXwGWO.jpg]
[Image: i6It1qE.jpg]
[Image: Sm1ylkY.jpg]
[Image: TtN3Gmu.jpg]
[Image: rCn5BZc.jpg]
[Image: 4RcRFHr.jpg]
[Image: UmtgpEu.jpg][Image: td8r7xq.jpg][Image: U8z7jiF.jpg]