Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 02.08.2021

Will not adjust the default, but will look why the restiction is used even when the option is enabled. (in a few hours, after work)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 02.08.2021

Here is another problem with DVD. If i switch Stream Selection Title in front page, i expect to see those selected clips in Vapoursybth preview. But in reality Vapoursybth preview always shows me the same clip from first title.
Should i send you a Log for this?

Also seems it is a bug with time. Time length shows incorrectly in front page:
[Image: VAAoBXb.jpg][Image: nhzzJoF.jpg]

In Vapoursynth preview time length looks ok:
[Image: Z8NQp62.jpg]

Note that some DVDs don't have proper Chapters structure, but rely on something else. So i guess this could be a source of the problem.

Quote:Here is another problem with DVD. If i switch Stream Selection Title in front page, i expect to see those selected clips in Vapoursybth preview. But in reality Vapoursybth preview always shows me the same clip from first title.
Should i send you a Log for this?
No that's a limit of Vapoursynth and Avisynth (and also ffmpeg), neither of them has a filter which can parse DVDs. Nothing I can do about it.

Quote:Also seems it is a bug with time. Time length shows incorrectly in front page:
I'll look at that.

Cu Selur

That's odd. There are so many DVDs (especially with short films and music videos) that use clip titles instead of chapters to separate clips.
Anyway probably Hybrid is not the best tool for complicated DVD extraction. Ancient DVD Shrink app always helps. It allow very nice visual control of DVD structure and even allow to set custom in-out points manually to export any part of DVD structure into single VOB file. It helps in rare situations when DVD with many small movies is made by mistake as a single video file without chapters or titles at all. Also DVD Shrink never corrupt exported VOB fies.

I know I have been complaining for years to the folks of ffmpeg, DGIndex, FFmpegSource, etc. that it's a pain that they don't support DVD title&co parsing.
Usually the recommend to use PGCDemux or MakeMKV.
(Luckily .mpls parsing is supported by some of them.)

Cu Selur

Just to confirm things. This is what PgcDemux see in default Chapters Mode (no proper clip length):
[Image: RvW8Lza.jpg]

And this is PgcDemux see in "Title Mode" (each clip is simply linked to separate .IFO file in DVD structure)
[Image: cPgst7Q.jpg]

Yes, there are some strangels authoured DVDs out there, nothing I can do about it.
And yes, that is what PGC- (=program chain) and VOB-view in PGCDemux look like.
Sadly no source filter for Avisynth or Vapoursynth (or ffmpeg for that matter) supports parsing titles / program chains / chapters of DVDs.

Cu Selur

Fixed that the min. time was still active even when "Ignore playlists with" was disabled.
Added some code to make sure that the time in the Stream/Chapter selection section is always shown as "hms.z".
Length in the 'Audio Stats'-section will remain in seconds. (Same as the raw data you see when pressing on 'Show All Data'.)

-> send you a link to a dev version for testing via pm.

Cu Selur

Ok, testing now...
What really strange is that i can see clips when change Title numbers and click to "Preview" here. But not when click to Vapoursynth preview.
[Image: YKLDGfu.jpg]

And another interesting thing with same problematic DVD. If i set Video and Audio to Passtrough, select some Title and output container MKV or TS - Hybrid process job without error, but instead of proper output file to selected destination it simply keeps remuxed .m2v in "Temp" folder.
The good thing is that .m2v file is perfectly trimmed and ready for further processing. I PM you a Log file

By the way, maybe it make sense to add something like VOB container output for Passtrough mode?

Quote:What really strange is that i can see clips when change Title numbers and click to "Preview" here. But not when click to Vapoursynth preview.
No, not strange.
That preview uses MPlayer, the other Vaporusynth.
One can select titles the other can't.

Quote:And another interesting thing with same problematic DVD. If i set Video and Audio to Passtrough, select some Title and output container MKV or TS - Hybrid process job without error, but instead of proper output file to selected destination it simply keeps .m2v in "Temp" folder.
The good thing is that .m2v file is perfectly trimmed and ready for further processing. I PM you a Log file
Processing is waiting for "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav" to be created

The audio job (2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01_audio), should have created it using:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer" -v -mc 0 -vc dummy -nocorrect-pts -noconsolecontrols -nocorrect-pts -vc null -vo null -nocache -hardframedrop -aid 160 dvd://3 -dvd-device "/Volumes/media/-DVD/CLIPS DVD/Animal Collective - Grass [2006, NTSC DVD5]/Animal Collective - Grass (DVD)/VIDEO_TS" -benchmark  -ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file=""/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav""
but that job aborted with:
File not found: '/Volumes/temp/Hybrid'
Failed to open /Volumes/temp/Hybrid.
File not found: 'Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav""'
Failed to open Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav""
Sadly the job processing missed that the file should be have been created otherwise the job processing would have aborted there.

-> Since I'm reading up on TemporalDegrain2, I have no clue when I have time to look at it.

Cu Selur