Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 02.08.2021

Ok, anyway, i am happy to see that there is a possible way to remux DVDs based on titles directly with Hybrid. It is always better to have all-in-one native macOS tool than switch to multiple Windows based apps like DVD Shrink for VOB extraction. Hope you can fix those muxing bugs in future.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 02.08.2021

MakeMKV should also be available for Mac.

Quote:Hope you can fix those muxing bugs in future.
Main problem will be trying to reproduce the issue.

What happens if you call:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer" -v -mc 0 -vc dummy -nocorrect-pts -noconsolecontrols -nocorrect-pts -vc null -vo null -nocache -hardframedrop -aid 160 dvd://3 -dvd-device "/Volumes/media/-DVD/CLIPS DVD/Animal Collective - Grass [2006, NTSC DVD5]/Animal Collective - Grass (DVD)/VIDEO_TS" -benchmark  -ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file=""/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav""
in a terminal, does it work properly?
Because from looking at the debug output it does seem to work and then suddenly it looks like the '/Volumes/temp/Hybrid' folder is gone,..

Cu Selur

I can share that DVD for test if you like

Okay, I see the problem:
'pcm:fast:waveheader:file=/Volumes/temp/Hybrid' 'Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav'
should be:
'pcm:fast:waveheader:file=/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav'

does:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer" -v -mc 0 -vc dummy -nocorrect-pts -noconsolecontrols -nocorrect-pts -vc null -vo null -nocache -hardframedrop -aid 160 dvd://3 -dvd-device "/Volumes/media/-DVD/CLIPS DVD/Animal Collective - Grass [2006, NTSC DVD5]/Animal Collective - Grass (DVD)/VIDEO_TS" -benchmark  -ao pcm:fast:waveheader:file="""/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav"""
work?

Cu Selur

Seems works. File iId_14_aid_160_lang_und_2021-08-02@18_47_59_1030_01.wav appears in Temp folder now Big Grin

Okay, then insted of double-quotes tripple-quotes are needed.

Argh, supporting TemporalDegrain2 requires a rewrite of the script for MacOS since it requires MVTools-SF https://github.com/IFeelBloated/vapoursynth-mvtools-sf/tree/master which doesn't complile on macos iirc. at least it's not in l33tmeatwads list of build plugins. :/

Cu Selur

Ok, so maybe let's better fix problems with DVD instead of that TemporalDegrain2 Smile

As for MakeMKV - it is formally commercial app with "classic" not too logical WiNdOwZ UI layout and the main problem is MKV only output.
From my personal experience VOBs muxed to MKV is always a real problem. Those interlaced MKVs are very easy to damage permanently with real time deinterlacers in players. Original aspect ratio and some other specific VOB metadata may be lost.

Also i noticed that remuxing already extracted VOBs to MKV with Hybrid produce strange result - video played back with double speed and audio played back normally. So last half of the video is played back as black screen.
So i really wonder why there is no option in Hybrid to remux to native VOB format?
Even Basic FFmpeg wrapper app like Remux can export to VOB:
[Image: nryeosF.jpg]

Quote:Ok, so maybe let's better fix problems with DVD instead of that TemporalDegrain2
Already spend 5 hours programming on that,.. (that's all my free time of the day aside from normal household chores and eating)

Quote:As for MakeMKV - it is formally commercial app with "classic" not too logical WiNdOwZ UI layout and the main problem is MKV only output.
From my personal experience VOBs muxed to MKV is always a real problem. Those interlaced MKVs are very easy to damage permanently with real time deinterlacers in players. Original aspect ratio and some other specific VOB metadata may be lost.
Okay, had no problems on Windows and Linux last time I used it and that it only outputs mkv is a given.

Quote:Also i noticed that remuxing already extracted VOBs to MKV with Hybrid produce strange result - video played back with double speed and audio played back normally. So last half of the video is played back as black screen.
Sounds like your vob are not standard conform.
Does Hybrid properly detect the values as they should be? (resolution, frame rate, etc.)

Quote:So i really wonder why there is no option in Hybrid to remux to native VOB format?
a. vob is a MPEG-2 only format + for me MPEG-2 is a dead format
b. Hybrid does not encode to MPEG-2
c. I won't add a format I can only mux to
d. I have no clue how to calculate the container overheads etc. for the vob format
e. my free time and live time is limited
-> so unless I win the lottery I doubt that I will ever find a motivation to spend xy hours researching and coding to support muxing to .vob.

Quote:Even Basic FFmpeg wrapper app like Remux can export to VOB
I do not have the time and motivation to jump to every of you whims and whishes.
-> then use another tool than Hybrid

Cu Selur

Okay, supporting mvfs on MacOS is a no-go at least from G41Fun.py since it would not only require to rewrite oart of that code, but also mvmulti.py (<- this is hard).
-> so I will probably support it but only on platforms where mvtools-sf is available.

Cu Selur