Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 13.08.2021

Quote:"Use Filter Queue" Checkbox and button may be remained as is. But it feels a little bit waste a useful height, so instead it may be placed somewhere in other place.
And there is the problem you are only thinking of half the things. Smile
a. there is also an Avisynth tab which would need redesign too. (basically the same as Vapoursynth, but there is no 'Filter Queue' and not 'Apply Only to Range'
(so quite a bit more work)
b. in the Vapoursynth tab your whole design does not seem to work when 'Filter Queue' is used.

As a side note the more I see the design, the more I don't like it.
-> might think about it some time in the future, but atm. I won't

Quote:But isn't Hybrid always changes and old configs never works anyway?
Works fine here. Smile

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 13.08.2021

Version 2021.08.13. When i click Filter(s) Reset - these filters remains checked:
DeNoise -> DFTTest
DeNoise -> CTMF
DeBand -> vsPlacebo
AntiALiasing -> DAA
AntiALiasing -> Sangnom
AntiALiasing -> EediAA

When i check "Use Filter Queue" and click to Reset Filter Queue to Filter Order - there is a pop up window message:

resetFilterQueue found no attribute name for DPIRDenoise

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 14.08.2021

Will look into it.
But more concerning: does resizing&letterbox work as it should?

send you a link to a dev version which should fix the popups and the reset.

About the ui scroll-menu thing: When using something like "Frame - Interpolation - Frame Interpolation - Interframe/SVP" one would have to scroll sideways to even get a hint about what filter is used. (Same with other filters on that level.)
-> As a general idea, not bad, but not working.

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 14.08.2021

It all possible to fit.
Names always may be shortened.
Filters List width may be wider.
Settings in some too "wide" filters may be re-arranged to more vertical layout because with new design all frame available for a single filter.
Universal toolbar for Filter Queue options and Filter Queue buttons.
(Note that currently i have no understanding about Filter Queue options, so maybe i miss something in these sketches about how it should be arranged.)

[Image: 4G6AojA.jpg]

Quote:Filters List width may be wider.
Then it would take so much space that it wouldn't be helpful.

Quote:Universal toolbar for Filter Queue options and Filter Queue buttons.
Doesn't make sense. In a filter queue most filters can be listed multiple times not just once.
Also the 'Add/Remove to FilterQueue'-buttons make no sense when FilterOrder is used.

Quote:.. i have no understanding about Filter Queue options ..
you might want to read: [INFO] About Vapoursynth Filter Order/Queue, it's meant for more 'free' script creation, so one can for example use a filter multiple files. (i.a. denoise, sharpen, denoise)

Cu Selur

By the way, if there are no tabs - no need to exactly match old tabs structure. It is better to match presets List structure. This may be another great step in logic and usability if filters list and presets list will match (or almost match).
[Image: m9wphTs.jpg]

Filter Queue mode is a pain and needs some rethinking here for sure Smile So the main problem - Filter Queue text window should be opened and same time Filters List must be available to to provide "Add/Remove to Filter Queue" buttons and adjust filter parameters. So maybe simply open Filter Queue in floating window (in same way as script editor)? Or use separate tab for it?
Filter Queue mode is some sort of intermediate step between tabs and filters list designed to allow multiple copies of same filter?
In new design it is way better to add option to duplicate filters directly in Filters List. Just add "+" button somewhere near each filter in the list.
Here is example how similar filters structure used in many other apps:
[Image: uDBQ0Vb.gif]

Quote:Filter Queue mode is a pain and needs some rethinking here for sure Smile So the main problem - Filter Queue text window should be opened and same time Filters list must be available to to provide "Add/Remove to Filter Queue" buttons and adjust filter parameters. So maybe simply open Filter Queue in floating window (in same way as script editor)? Or use separate tab for it?
May be it's just a pain to implement the way the current code is atm. since that would require additional communication between the instances.

Quote:In new design it is way better to add option to duplicate filters directly in Filters List. Just add "+" button somewhere near each filter in the list.
I like '+', but that is not easy to implement. Since it will requires to overwrite tons of options and general logic between UI and model.
Also when using 'disable icons' you would have a clickable 'add to FilterQueue' instead of a '+'.

Sadly, only way to implement this thing would be for me to spend a few weeks coding without having to work, caring about normal live stuff or giving support for Hybrid.
-> not likely to happen the next decates, so you probably will have to live with the way the ui is atm.
That said, I'm working on the filter order a bit to:
a. set used filter bold
b. allow rearranging the items via mouse

Cu Selur

I guess no need to need to add "+" button near each filter.
All controls can fit to bottom toolbar somehow like this:
[Image: stPgTQF.jpg]

(14.08.2021, 09:16)Selur Wrote: That said, I'm working on the filter order a bit to:
a. set used filter bold
b. allow rearranging the items via mouse

Cu Selur

Nice. By the way, instead of rearranging the items via mouse it may be enough just to allow move filter by click and hold button. The main current problem is million times click-click-click to up/down down buttons when need to move filter to distant location.

Quote:Nice. By the way, instead of rearranging the items via mouse it may be enough just to allow move filter by click and hold button. The main current problem is million times click-click-click to up/down down buttons when need to move filter to distant location.
That's easy to implement, but will have to wait till the resize&letterbox issue is fixed for good.

Cu Selur