Selur's Little Message Board
Esxi running macos For selur - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Talk, Talk, Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Small Talk (https://forum.selur.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Esxi running macos For selur (/thread-1495.html)

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 18.08.2021

Quote:But "Show only enabled filters" checkbox is mostly for preview only. It just helps to inspect quickly which filters are enabled or disabled without large amount of scrolling.
Okay, sounds like you are doing something I would not encourage and that is assuming that it's a clever idea to apply elaborate filter changes on different content,..
-> I will think about it, but I think it encourages a bad behaviour.

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 18.08.2021

Here is real life example:
Set filters positions in list. This usually don't needs too often changes, and in new versions may be saved as presets.
Now click that checkbox "Show only enabled filters"
Now go to filters tabs and start to enable filters that you need as usual.
Different video content needs different filters, so control over enabled filters is always important.
Before final render just look at filter list so make sure that nothing unwanted selected by mistake. See only enabled filters there is just slightly more friendly than scroll over full list of all filters. Nothing special, just another small improvement in usability and speed.

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 18.08.2021

Normally I would:
  • load source
  • start Vapoursynth Preview (often interleaved)
  • open Vapoursynth Script view
  • if source is flagged as interlaced/telecine and I suspect it might not check how it looks when I assue it's progressive or when I bob it, then adjust the deinterlacing
  • then I would look at the source decide what filters are needed and depending on the results when using filter queue I might change the filter order (usually not) and/or switch to filter queue to write some manual code.
Since I don't move filter wildy arround I usually know what I did and what the order is.
Also I can simply look at the script view in case I'm unsure about what I'm doing.
Like I wrote: "I will think about it,.."

Cu Selur

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - shijan - 21.08.2021

Can you check if things are ok in Cut Support? Here are some tests. I re-imported same video every time after settings change:

No options selected. Seems ok:
[Image: BsoSXUP.jpg]

Collect keyframes. Different length, difference is really huge. Is this normal like this?
[Image: J01mDCF.jpg]

Frame Selection:
[Image: RIj8Z9c.jpg]

Collect keyframes + Frame Selection. Show different number of frames.
[Image: ZntvFPw.jpg]

Always + Frame Selection. "start" text field changes to dropbox button and i can not change it anymore. Is this a bug?
[Image: v6b0pkC.jpg]

Always. "start" text field changes to dropbox button and i can not change it anymore. Is this a bug?
[Image: XgJVBLG.jpg]

RE: Esxi running macos For selur - Selur - 21.08.2021

Quote:Collect keyframes. Different length, difference is really huge. Is this normal like this?
Without seeing a debug output, knowning the source format and it's characteristics: no clue
Might be some bug. Does not happen when loading MPEG-4 based formats here.
Wild speculation: if the input is vfr strange things might happen.

Quote:Collect keyframes + Frame Selection. Show different number of frames.
That is the logical follow-up of the one before. Since using 'Collect key frames' changed the length, naturally it also changes the frame count.

Quote:Always + Frame Selection. "start" text field changes to dropbox button and i can not change it anymore. Is this a bug?
Did you bother to read the tool-tip of the 'always' option?
It enforces key-frame based cutting, so naturally your cut can only start at the times of key-frames.

Cu Selur

Yes, i read tooltips. It is just strange that dropbox only shows 0:00:00:00 and i can't select anything there with any other videos as well. 
[Image: xSqcd7Y.jpg]
For this test i used video converted with Hybrid to MKV x264 settings: --preset slow --crf 18.00 --profile high10 --level 4.1 --ref 3 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --bframes 1 --b
I will test it more and post debugs...

Also it looks strange for me why it show length in "time" but not in "frames" when "Always + Frame Selection" is enabled.

Quote:Also it looks strange for me why it show length in "time" but not in "frames" when "Always + Frame Selection" is enabled.
Since the "Frame selection" came later and I never had time to implement it. Smile

Quote: It is just strange that dropbox only shows 0:00:00:00 and i can't select anything there with any other videos as well.
Assuming your input has multiple key frames (idr when using h264/h265) then there should be more.

Assuming your input was encoded using:
--preset slow --crf 18.00 --profile high10 --level 4.1 --ref 3 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --bframes 1
you shoudl see multiple I frames, but like always you didn't share a debug output unless I nearly start begging for it. This really is a pattern with you reporting problems,.. Angry
-> I do not care, since it worked fine with the files I used here.

Cu Selur

I always send you debugs. Just want to make sure that bug is really a bug, but not a part of some special option before do debug.

Guess something related to keyframes detection here. in basic mode it detect correct time or correct numbers if frames that match to MediaInfo data.

Quote:Guess something related to keyframes detection here. in basic mode it detect correct time or correct numbers if frames that match to MediaInfo data.
Normal length, frame count and frame rate, is usually taken from mediainfo, of if one is missing calculated from the others.
-> totally unrelated to key frame collection.

Hybrid uses soemthing like:
ffmpeg -i "PATH TO INPUTFILE" -vf showinfo -vsync vfr -an -sn -f null -
to check for each frame whether it's a key frame or not.
Usually one would get infos like:
[Parsed_showinfo_0 @ 0000023a2d7518c0] n:  82 pts:4834830 pts_time:161.161 pos: 11821708 fmt:yuv420p sar:1/1 s:640x480 i:P iskey:1 type:I checksum:C161F93C plane_checksum:[57E701D0 58A9A237 B8F55535] mean:[50 127 129] stdev:[41.8 2.3 3.8]
Where "n: X' is the current frame number and 'iskey: 1' indicates that it's a key frame.

Since this output would be homoungous it's not included in the debug output log. Send you the command how it would look for your file via PM.
The interessting part is how the output looks like.

Cu Selur

As a general side note: Note that the whole cut support is marked as *experimental* so using it for anything than to do some testing is not recommended.

Cu Selur