Selur's Little Message Board
Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback (/thread-1755.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Settings for AVCHD 2.0 Progressive compliant file, playback - Rokoko33 - 27.02.2021

I am using Tmpgenc Smart Renderer for creating BDVA structure using 1080 60p files.
Tmpgenc makes BDAV compliant file structure (not the AVCHD) using 1080 60p file, High@L4.2.
It is only applicable for BDAV structure, not the BDVM (BDMV specs do not allow 1080 60p).

It looks like it is not explained, specified with BDAV specs, I never see it. But it works great for HD camcorder 1080 60p footage getting in to Blu Ray disc losslessly, without re-encoding files.
It stitches files, re-encodes only transitions (Smart Rendering), but videostream is untouched, authored file located in the BDAV structure retains original 1920x1080 60p, bitrate ~ 25 Mbs (from my HD Sony Camcorder).

This was recommended by many HD camcorder users and Tmpgenc is strict to follow BD compliance.

What is your opinion on this? Can Hybrid be used to compress with x264 for 1080 60p and consider this BDAV compliant file, create a structure?

RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - Selur - 27.02.2021

Quote:What is your opinion on this?
Got no option on that since I haven't used Tmpgenc products for 20+ years.

Quote:Can Hybrid be used to compress with x264 for 1080 60p and consider this BDAV compliant file, create a structure?
Last I checked BDAV is just a fancy name for m2ts files which Hybrid can create (using tsmuxer or ffmpeg).
So simply using m2ts as extension will cause Hybrid to create a .m2ts aka. BDAV file.
No clue what you or anyone else would call a 'BDAV compliant file' other then whatever is packed into a .m2ts container.
(Which in my option is one of the worst containers ever specified; it's okay for high bitrate AVC/HEVC/VC1/MPEG-2 content but for anything else it's seems not useful at all.)

No clue what additional structure aside from the m2ts file Tmpgenc might create, but Hybrid probably isn't able to create it.
(Basic Blu-ray/AVCHD file structure will be created when 'Base->Create structure' is enabled; tsMuxeR is used for this.)

Cu Selur

RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - Rokoko33 - 27.02.2021

If I need to encode with x264 to 1920x1080 50p using:
  • Restriction Settings>Hardware>AbluRay/AVCHD
    It does not allow to encode since 50p is not allowed fro BDMV.I unchecked Hardware, setting for Unrestricted, keeping same settings that were applied.It does not allow to encode either, showing errors.How is possible to encode to 1920x1080 50p using standard automated settings?The file is will be used to author BDAV that looks like allows to use 50p (BDMA does not).

RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - Selur - 27.02.2021

Yes, neither Blu-ray nor AVC-HD support 1080p at 60fps.

Quote:It does not allow to encode either, showing errors.
It's probably complaining that you chose a too strict profile&level restriction and that you should use a higher level.
-> So to fix that, using a higher level would be advisable.

Quote:How is possible to encode to 1920x1080 50p using standard automated settings?
You select a Profile&Level which supports it, for example High@4.2, or you can go for None&unrestricted, x264 will still add Profile&Level information to the headers using an educated guess.

Quote:The file is will be used to author BDAV that looks like allows to use 50p (BDMA does not).
-> you might want to find some documentation what restrictions to need to be met to be compatible with your authoring software.

Cu Selur

RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - Rokoko33 - 04.03.2021

I changed to higher Level to 4.2, using None & unrestricted, x264, and now it allows to encode to 1080 60p.

But encoded file is not AVCHD Progressive compliant, error message from TMPGEnc Authoring Works:

“Does not meet the AVCHD Progressive PAL standard”.

Encoded file has to be:

High@Level 4.2 (HDMV Compatible) but Hybrid generates file without that (HDMV Compatible):

[Image: qXlAabURGYvLIhi.jpg]

TMPGEnc is strict to follow compliancy, but my 1080 60p camcorder files are compliant and Tmpgemc takes them without re-encoding to author either BDAV or AVCH Progressive file structure or burn straight to BD-R.

Also Hybrid encoded 1280x720 50p is recognized as High@Level 4.1 (HDMV Compatible), it means Hybrid can put something in the header to have that compliancy, just need to know the right settings for 1080 50p/60p.

I was also trying your advised:
Basic Blu-ray/AVCHD file structure will be created when 'Base->Create structure' is enabled; tsMuxeR is used for this.)
Nop, it does not work, as soon as enable Base>Create Structure, choosing AVCHD, it automatically changes Restrcition Settings:
·       X264>Base, enables Restriction Settings->Hardware, and sets ->Blu-ray/AVCHD

But this setting does not allow to use Level 4.2 and does not allow to encode since 50p/60p is not allowed for BDMV.

One thing to mention.
Actually AVCHD (the version 2) does support 1080p at 50p/60p, as well as Blu Ray media if authored as BDAV.

http://www.avchd-info.org/
From July 1st 2011 AVCHD Format has been updated to Version 2.0 (it is also called AVCHD Progressive) by adding new specifications for 1080 50p/60p.

Specs:
http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html

It is specified for Recording Media, Built-in Media/SD Memory Card/"Memory Stick".
But the files structure can also be burnt to BD-R.

The version 2 was done due to push of Japanese camcorder manufacturers to record/store 1080 50p/60p content from camcorders.

For encoding x264 TMPGEnc even has a preset AVCHD Progressive.

Also here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD
In 2011, this mode (the 1080-line 50p/60p ) was officially included into the AVCHD specification as part of 2.0 addendum, and has been called AVCHD Progressive. This mode uses the same AVCHD folder structure and container files for storing video, with the maximum bitrate of 28 Mbit/s.

Also BDAV format specs as AVCREC (similar to AVCHD):
AVCREC is a format for recording and playback of high definition video in BDAV (Blu-ray Audio/Visual) format.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCREC

TMPGEnc Smart Renderer specifies for BDAV 1080 50p/60pc content:
https://help.pegasys-inc.com/en/tmsr5/10021.html

The idea is to encode video as 1080 50p/60p in a "future proof" way, trying to follow some standard (AVCD, AVCREC, BDAV) that would allow to author these for maximum compatibility with Blu-ray playback devices.
Same as my files from HD camcorder, I can play them with medea player, but also can burn to BD-R (or even DVD, it called 3x speed DVD) and give to others to play on Bly Ray players.

I want to understand how to create AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD Progressive) compliant file with Hybrid?
There is no Restriction Settings->Hardware AVCHD 2.0 or Progressive.
Setting manually does not result in AVCHD 2.0 compliant file.

RE: 1920x1080 60p Blu Ray compliancy - Selur - 04.03.2021

Quote:I changed to higher Level to 4.2, using None & unrestricted, x264, and now it allows to encode to 1080 60p.

But encoded file is not AVCHD Progressive compliant, error message from TMPGEnc Authoring Works
Okay, that is not a surprise.When AVCHD compatibility is enabled in Hybrid it should not allow Profile 'none'.
Doesn't do here.

Will look at it more tomorrow. Long work day today.
Atm. Hybrid does not support setting AVCHD 2.0 settings, not sure if I find the time to write code for it any time soon to enforce the restriction. (busy in real live)

You problem atm. are probably the vbv restrictions, should be easy to adjust Hybrid accordingly.

Cu Selur

Quote:Also Hybrid encoded 1280x720 50p is recognized as High@Level 4.1 (HDMV Compatible), it means Hybrid can put something in the header to have that compliancy, just need to know the right settings for 1080 50p/60p.
Okay.

Quote:I want to understand how to create AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD Progressive) compliant file with Hybrid?
No clue either.

I don't see anything directly wrong and have no clue why the 'Clip Format Checker' report that the file is not AVCHD progressive compliant.

My first guess was that due to the vbv restrictions used the stream would violate the max bit rate, but it doesn't.

Quote:For encoding x264 TMPGEnc even has a preset AVCHD Progressive.
okay, if you create a file with that preset, does it contain the 'Encoding Settings' when analyzed with MediaInfo?

Cu Selur

No, it does not, that is the problem:
[Image: UjftxRsmOF72BYX.jpg]

I was trying to find on various forums, web places the x264 settings to make AVCHD 2.0 Progressive or AVCREC compliant file. No luck.
I played with Hybrid using different x264 settings, no luck.

Encoded with Hybrid x264 as 1280x720 50p, this one is OK:

[Image: vHgTeKFb1admEsM.jpg]
TMPGen shows compliance:

[Image: 5rm87X6FqhY3ADS.jpg]

Just to be sure, have you tried without the audio?

Just tried without audio - same result.

Below is what TMPGEnc showing for camcorder's 1080 60p file, all good:

[Image: ENYzqm9QjlAeBVk.jpg]
MediaInfo for this, at least has GOP parameters:

[Image: cRUMZw2dIr6sLJe.jpg]