Selur's Little Message Board
[HELP] Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [HELP] Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod (/thread-3250.html)

Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - stevensixkiller - 03.06.2023

Hi, I encounter an unexplained crash

-What Hybrid version did you use?(Windows/Mac/Linux 32/64bit + versions number)
Installed Hybrid 2023.03.17.1 via Chocolatey on Win 10

-What did happen? If an error message came up what did it exactly say?
Error message "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done! Current sub title belongs to F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png not to F:\hybrid_test\croquants.png Please report to the author."
Then "2023-06-03@15_47_39_6010_02_video finished after 00:00:00.766 with exitCode -1 Crashed with exit status 0"

-What did you do to get to the bug? (best thing is a detailed step-by-step guide so that I can reproduce the problem)
Base -> Check Image Sequence
Base -> Open File ->
    1st frame -> F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png
    Single Image -> checked
    Frame Count -> 6050
    Accept
Base -> Output File -> F:/hybrid_test/croquants_new.mp4
Base -> Tabs -> Subtitle -> checked
Subtitle -> Import -> Subtitle Import -> Load external subtitle -> F:\hybrid_test\hector.ass  (aegisub with effect like scroll up)
Subtitle -> Import -> Embed subtitle in frame -> checked
Subtitle -> Subtitle Queue -> add current subtitle stream
what is shown in the Subtitle Queue:
F:\hybrid_test\hector.ass:*,*:true:*,*:UTF-8:*,*::*,*:false:*,*:F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png:*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*:false:*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*::*,*:false:*,*:auto:*,*:1
Filtering -> Vapoursynth -> Misc -> Script -> Prefer VsFilterMod
Base -> Add to queue and start queue
If I don't check Prefer VsFilterMod , I have the "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done!" message but the video is generated without the scrolling effects of my Aegisub v4.00+
If I check Prefer VsFilterMod, I have the same message but the job crashes. In the debug file I see the message x264 output: y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic x264 [error]: could not open input file `-'

Attached a zip with the debug file and the other files to reproduce the case.

Thank you for your help

edit: does the slash backslash difference in the error message is the cause of the pb? is it normal that the subtitle queue refer to my still image?

RE: Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - Selur - 03.06.2023

Ah, I never have tried to embed subtitles to a source created through an ImageSequence.
Will look into it in ~1hr and report back.

Cu Selur

RE: Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - Selur - 03.06.2023

Quote:Error message "Subtitle filtering wasn't properly done! Current sub title belongs to F:/hybrid_test/croquants.png not to F:\hybrid_test\croquants.png Please report to the author."
That was my fault, should have ignored the slash vs backslash difference.

Quote: y4m [error]: bad sequence header magic
That happens due to a bug in VSFilterMod, when RGB24 is used it crashes. Sad
(-> filed a bug report)

I'll fix the first and write a workaround for VSFilterMod not working with RGB24.

Cu Selur

Send you a link (will be up ~24hrs) via pm to a dev version which includes the fix and the workaround.

Cu Selur

RE: Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - stevensixkiller - 03.06.2023

Thank you for your quick response, the dev version works well. (VSFilterMod produce a result different from the aegisub preview but it's another story...)

If you stumble over a Vapoursynth subtitle filter that performs more like aegisub, I'll be happy to add support for it.

Cu Selur

RE: Crash processing aegisub ass subtitles with VsFilterMod - Selur - 04.06.2023

Send you a new link to a dev version which comes with a new VSFilterMod.dll which supports RGB24 again. (One of the authors linked to a new build in the issue tracked I linked before.)

Cu Selur