Selur's Little Message Board
Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! (/thread-3283.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - ToiletDuck - 09.07.2023

Hello,

Hybrid yet again, doesn't play nice whit m2ts files Sad !!!

When i try to Remux an Mkv file to m2ts file (whitout AUDIO !!), the muxing went in the blink of an eye / very fast !! 

BUT, when i keep the audio (wich is TrueHD 8-channel/atmos), hybrid remuxes the file at veeeerrrrry SLOW almost crawll speeds 0.10 ....... 0.20.... and so on !!!
So , at that tempo, i have my final output file in 6 day's LoL !!  

Not to mention the file is read from an NVMe pcie → 4.0 (4-5GB/sec Read/write benchmarked)!! 

EDIT: ALSO.. when i keep the Audio (TrueHD / Atmos) channel... in mkv, and remux the whole thing to an bluray folder structure via TSmuxer, i get the message MLP → "codec" not standard with bluray players... hence output will not be playable on hardware bluray players !!!

so, i need to demux everything myself with 3rd party tools and remux all files one by one myself, and just process the video in hybrid and ignore all other content because of this ↑ !!!

As ussuall, the details are in the devil.. coughing → debug file  Big Grin ↓

RE: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - Selur - 09.07.2023

The debug output only contains the loading of the source,... nothing about the job creation or processing.
-> Sorry, can't help with the given information.

Cu Selur

RE: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - ToiletDuck - 09.07.2023

(09.07.2023, 12:54)Selur Wrote: The debug output only contains the loading of the source,... nothing about the job creation or processing.
-> Sorry, can't help with the given information.

Cu Selur

Thats ↑ ODDball !?  Could this be because i have aborted the muxing process at the end of the job ?

Anyway, i have reproduced the problem..  However, i didn't encode or ignore anything , i've let hybrid add/passthrough the A/V streams in the container for the purpose of reproducing the m2ts muxing issue !! 

The testclip is exactly 5 mins, and it took FOREVER for hybrid to remux it into m2ts container Dodgy  !!
As you probebly can see for yourself reading the timestamps in the debug, the mux process started at proximately 18:58 ... and at 19:24 a half hour later it has completed a whooping 10% from 100% Huh !!

Also, using Vapoursynth preview for filters whit an video lenght over an hour takes litterally several MINUTES before it pops up !!!  
My build has 32GB DDR4-3600 Ram +5900x ryzen cpu + NVMe SSD + RX6600 GPU  Dodgy !!

I don't have that latter "filter preview" issue with episode files of each prox 45 - 55mins long ..  Just fyi.. 
so, again i therefor cut an piece out of the lenghty files for testing purpose to work arround this!!

cheers,

Before the debug output probably ended, since you changed the location of the debug output,..
Looking at the debug output Hybrid uses:

MetaFile: E:\Temp\tsMuxerMeta_2023-07-09@18_58_27_3110__04.meta
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --hdmv-descriptors --vbr --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "E:\Temp\test_1_2023-07-09@18_58_27_3110_03.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)
A_AC3, "E:\Temp\iId_17_aid_0_lang_en_DELAY_83ms_2023-07-09@18_58_27_3110_01.thd", timeshift=83ms, lang=eng
with tsMuxeR:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\tsMuxeR.exe" "E:\Temp\tsMuxerMeta_2023-07-09@18_58_27_3110__04.meta" "E:\Temp\test.m2ts"
tsMuxeR starts and reports:
tsMuxeR version git-6b4d3fd. github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer
Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1920:1080p  Frame rate: 23.976
H264 bitstream changed: insert nal unit delimiters

Decoding E-AC3 (DD+) stream (track 2): Bitrate: 91Kbps (core 0Kbps) Sample Rate: 22KHz Channels: 5
E-AC3 (DD+) stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:00,069. Resync stream.

Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 251Kbps (core 160Kbps) Sample Rate: 44KHz Channels: 6
E-AC3 (DD+) stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:00,133. Resync stream.
Decoding E-AC3 (DD+) stream (track 2): Bitrate: 684Kbps (core 112Kbps) Sample Rate: 32KHz Channels: 4
E-AC3 (DD+) stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:04,847. Resync stream.

Decoding AC3 stream (track 2): Bitrate: 1020Kbps (core 448Kbps) Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 6
AC3 stream (track 2): bad frame detected at position00:00:04,847. Resync stream.
and there are tons of these messages. Seems like there is an issue with the audio steam or how tsMuxeR handles it, which caues the muxing to takes so long.
You can try whether using a newer tsMuxeR version (https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases) helps.

Cu Selur

(09.07.2023, 19:55)Selur Wrote: Before the debug output probably ended, since you changed the location of the debug output,..

I haven't changed the debug output location/ path , i just have copy/paste the content of the debug file on the fly, while hybrid is processing/muxing, so you could see EXACTLY what it is doing at that given time...

I have noticed, once you abort the process, hybrid simply doesn't catalog / saves some of the processed info !?

(09.07.2023, 19:55)Selur Wrote: You can try whether using a newer tsMuxeR version (https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases) helps.
Cu Selur

Thanks for the suggestion, but as i said previously.  To work arround this Audio issue, because the Audio track is clearly the cullprit of all this mayham!!  I demux/remux all tracks afterwards using the nightly build of tsMuxer already, wich is git-147d066 atm .. And eac3to for the audio part mainly..

Everything works just fine using tsmuxer seperately , no "MLP Codec" warnings or LONG muxing / demuxing processes ... None of this !!

I thought the latest hybrid releases alway's uses the latest tsmuxer git revision !??  

And on that note, i have noticed that most of these problems ocure only when a mkv, m2ts or whatever container has an Truehd / Dolby Atmos 7-8 channel track in it !!

Oh well , some extra steps keeps my fingers & wrist in shape  Big Grin

I thought the latest hybrid releases alway's uses the latest tsmuxer revision !??
no, I usually update tsMuxeR only if there is an issue, I can reproduce here or when a new stable release is out.

(09.07.2023, 20:39)Selur Wrote:
I thought the latest hybrid releases alway's uses the latest tsmuxer revision !?? 
no, I usually update tsMuxeR only if there is an issue, I can reproduce here or when a new stable release is out.

Oh i see.  Iam the same, if it isn't broke don't fix it kind of approach  Big Grin

fyi, i have changed the path of tsmuxer in tool section to the path of tsmuxer i have used seperately without any issues at all.  

Guess wut, hybrid somehow for some reason still has an hard time to mux it into m2ts file !!!

There might be something more going , and not only tsmuxer related !!

cheers,

RE: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - ToiletDuck - 23.07.2023

@selur ma seur  Big Grin

Have you investigated this issue ? Have you found anything out of the extroadinary   Cool ?

Fyi, only in hybrid i have TS muxing issues...  Doesn't happend with stand alone tsmuxer releases !!
However, demux an ts / m2ts stream doesn't pose a problem in hybrid !?

cheers,
TD

RE: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - Selur - 23.07.2023

I thought I send you a link to a dev version which fixed the issue,..
-> will send you a new link

Cu Selur

RE: Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!! - ToiletDuck - 24.07.2023

(23.07.2023, 20:07)Selur Wrote: I thought I send you a link to a dev version which fixed the issue,..
-> will send you a new link

Cu Selur

Oh did u ?

That's news for dis duck  Wink
Thanks for the link..

Also, is it normal / common for hybrid to take like minutes to give me an preview from the filters i have chosen ?
It only takes a very long time with media files from over an hour .. and a half !!?  

Whit media files of prox 40 - 55 min i get the preview window rather very fast !?

Muche obliged for a new release...

I'll report my results later on..

cheers,

...Update...

Done testing the new release, and all went well... not only is the remux process is fixed , but also .. i don't get the "MLP codec" error anymore when i have to create bluray folder from the ts files with tsmuxer..

There's still the matter of the preview delay with media files over an hour and so!!

I have checked the performance while hybrid wos preparing the preview window.. 
And i read speeds of over 1,3GB/sec MINUTES long  (yezz GIGABYTES not GIGAbits /8 or x8 lol)  !!!   

Is that supposed to happend like this and only for media files twice as long and not with an duration of 10x as much !?!

It happends with vapour and avisynth aswell ..

Anyway just wanted to point that out..  Big Grin

EDIT:  ... come to think of it... i know WHY it takes so long for an preview with these files.... → Different (HUGE 4K) FILESIZE ^_^
I realy thought , the duration of an media file wos causing this !!!

cheers,