Selur's Little Message Board
Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 (/thread-3463.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 08.11.2023

@selur,

Just did an whole season of 24 episodes, to find out that the audio AC3 to E-AC3 conversion is corrupted somehow !!
Again Both hardwareplayer and pdvd doesn't play the audio track!

Have used the EXACT same settings as before, loaded and compared the settings from 2 seperate profiles (backup) for that project.
All settings are the same !  

So it seems hybrid CAN IN FACT make or BREAK audio tracks !! 
And here i thought it is the selective bitrate that had something to do with it  Dodgy

Let me know , if you need an media sample or debug or both...

cheers,

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Selur - 08.11.2023

Like always, I need details. 'as before' does not say anything to me.
Attached eac3 audio seeems to play fine here.
=> can't reproduce with the given info.

Cu Selur

Ps.: can look at it after work, if you provide enough info for this to be reproducable.

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - ToiletDuck - 08.11.2023

(08.11.2023, 05:05)Selur Wrote: Like always, I need details. 'as before' does not say anything to me.
Attached eac3 audio seeems to play fine here.
=> can't reproduce with the given info.

Cu Selur

Just took your sample and ran it in pdvd, and ofcourse there's audio.. just as it would play just fine on my hw player iam sure of..

so my exact steps to try and reproduce either an good or bad sample are..  
I took your sample and feed it to hybrid, from there i have changed the exact follwing audio settings  :

audio format eac3
Bitrate : tried → 192 , 224, 384 Kb/sec..

Filtering:
Downmix = to stereo dpl2lfe
speed change : decimals 25.000 to 24.000

That it.. Those ↑ are the exact settings i have used before and WITH → SUCCES .. untill now !?

I've attached the sample + debug i have created..

I don't know what else to say, except that i have uninstalled the old dev release before installing this current one that has fixed an issue regarding slow ts extraction if iam not mistaken ..

*sigh* Dodgy

cheers,
TD

UPDATE

I rolled back Hybrid to release → Hybrid_dev_2023.08.16-19822 .

And it's confirmed... something is amiss with latest dev..selur 
Since i couldn't reproduce the audio issue anymore with the older release installed Undecided

A+V play just fine in all players now !

If you ask me... ITS DEF a →Mux← thing again... remember → latest dev kits involved a few nagging ts extractioni & muxing issues ..    Dodgy
Maybe its only reproducable using TS container instead of mkv ..

Test02 = succesfull conversion → See attachement.

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - humanoid86 - 08.11.2023

Huh mb... the problem is in the container, during processing the container broke. or choose another codec/encoder  Huh

(08.11.2023, 10:32)humanoid86 Wrote: Huh mb... the problem is in the container, during processing the container broke. or choose another codec/encoder  Huh

Yep, container is def the issue as i have said before  Blush

Just did the test through eac3to, and tried to demux all tracks... 
And it succeeded just fine.

Then i did the following in Hybrid (old release still), i've ticked every option to demux/mux the same problematic media file using FFmpeg instead.  
Lo & Behold a playable A/V .m2ts media file wos born  Big Grin .. 

But then again, using ffmpeg in the past for muxing, did created another problem for me  Dodgy .  
Namely, PGS subs not playing in sync with A/V anymore  Angry

Merging tracks into containers can cause QUITE some issues ive experience over the years..  Shy

Like: audio distortion in playback, framerate stutter.. to name a few... 
Seriously, one time i had an perfect playing bluray movie .. UNTILL the VERY END of the movie (Last 15 min Anti-climax Angry ) !!
Just at the near END not only the audio wos out of sync .. But the audio wos muted too for an fraction of a couple seconds .. RIGHT AT THAT SPOT  Huh  , NOT before !!

And usually sync issues starts at the very beginning , and building UP towards the end.. But not in that ↑ case !

And then you've got al sort of small files, like mpls playlists and Clip files within bluray structure that seriously can mess up Sync & Audio issues becauese of the strict settings such as exact timings / content and such .

If you only knew what i have mustered over the years to overcome that LoL.. Just saying.. reasemble an media file is trickier than you might think !! 

cheers,

Update

I have nailed it.  As suspected, it is TSmuxer causing this to happen ..  And this time NOT hybrid iam sure of ..
Stand alone GIThub latest release of TSmuxer is causing ALL this audio mayham now tsssk !! 

Went back to last official stable release of TSmuxer, and problem wos solved  Dodgy

I think, i might create a (rather many) issues about latest tsmux releases at github  Dodgy 

Cause, needs different muxer releases to adress different issues when used it in combination with hybrid so it seems, mux, demux (slow-extract) issues especially apart from the sound/video !

cheers,

Okay, so using the latest stable of tsMuxeR fixes the issue. Nice find! Big Grin
You really should report the problem to the tsMuxeR folks.
Cu Selur

(08.11.2023, 17:02)Selur Wrote: Okay, so using the latest stable of tsMuxeR fixes the issue. Nice find!  Big Grin
You really should report the problem to the tsMuxeR folks.
Cu Selur

Done that, been there  Big Grin

And interesting enough, some one that follows up the issues over there, emediatly respondend to me and confirmed to me that this exact issue has happend before with earlier builds of TSmux → nightly builds.

Issue has been added to the pile. Check the link to this thread and scroll all the way down to the bottom section → Github TSmux
cheers,

td

RE: Audio Broken since Dev 23.11.02.1 - Dan64 - 08.11.2023

(08.11.2023, 12:30)ToiletDuck Wrote: Update

Went back to last official stable release of TSmuxer, and problem wos solved  Dodgy

In github there are only Nightly build, which build are your considering stable ?

Ah, okay it's not that the audio is broken.
The issue is playback on PDVD and some device, it sounded like Hybrid would crash. Smile