Selur's Little Message Board
Warning: file size below 1MB - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Warning: file size below 1MB (/thread-3533.html)

Warning: file size below 1MB - Dan64 - 07.01.2024

Hello Selur,

When I'm using the "x265" encoder, with a small file, it is shown the following warning

[Image: x265-File-1mb.jpg]

how I can configure Hybrid so that this warning is not displayed ?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S.
Attached debug file

RE: Warning: file size below 1MB - Selur - 07.01.2024

When not using bit rate based encoding, this message will not appear.
Otherwise, this message will appear, since Hybrid is not designed to create files with bit rate based encoding that are < 1MB.

Cu Selur

RE: Warning: file size below 1MB - Dan64 - 07.01.2024

(07.01.2024, 11:26)Selur Wrote: When not using bit rate based encoding, this message will not appear.
Otherwise, this message will appear, since Hybrid is not designed to create files with bit rate based encoding that are < 1MB.

Cu Selur

Why Hybrid is not designed to create files with bit rate based encoding that are < 1MB  ?

This is only a warning and the file will be properly encoded, so why this warning ?

In the warning message is displayed: "-> changing Filesize to 1MB", where this change is applied ? can I do it by myself ?

Quote:Some example of good encoders not using bit rate encoding ?
It's not about the encoder, but the encoder mode the encoder uses.

Quote:Why Hybrid is not designed to create files with bit rate based encoding that are < 1MB ?
File size prediction, encoder bit rate accuracy simply gets messy and inaccurate due to rounding.

Quote:This is only a warning and the file will be properly encoded, so why this warning ?
File size prediction is messy.

Quote:In the warning message is displayed: "-> changing Filesize to 1MB", where this change is applied ? can I do it by myself ?
No, Hybrid will work as if 1MB was set, but the file size prediction will be wrong.

=> Simply do not use Hybrid with bit rate encoding if you want to encode files where the output will be below 1 MB.

Cu Selur

RE: Warning: file size below 1MB - Dan64 - 07.01.2024

(07.01.2024, 11:43)Selur Wrote: => Simply do not use Hybrid with bit rate encoding if you want to encode files where the output will be below 1 MB.

I'm using "x265" with encoding mode: "constant rate factor (1-pass)" and the warning is shown
when I use "x264" with encoding mode: "constant rate factor (1-pass)" the warning is not shown.

I will switch to "x264", but I still not see the need to display a dialog box on the GUI, a simple message entry in the application log should be enough.

Quote:.., but I still not see the need to display a dialog box on the GUI, a simple message entry in the application log should be enough.
I agree to disagree.

Quote:I'm using "x265" with encoding mode: "constant rate factor (1-pass)" and the warning is shown
I can not reproduce this.
To me, it only happens if a bit rate based encoding mode is used.
I tried to reproduce this by:
  • Resetting Hybrid to its defaults.
  • Setting 'Base->Processing->Video' to 'x265'
  • Loading a source file with 2 frames.
=> No pop-up occurred.

I can only reproduce this with x265 if I switch to a bit rate based encoding mode and change the bit rate.
I can look into it further if you can provide a step-by-step which does allow me to reproduce the problem.

Cu Selur

RE: Warning: file size below 1MB - Selur - 09.01.2024

btw., totally forgot about it, using
  • "x265->Misc->Random stuff->No too small warning"
  • "x265->Misc->No too small warning"
you can disable this warning for x264/x265.

Cu Selur

RE: Warning: file size below 1MB - Dan64 - 10.01.2024

I also missed this option.

Thanks,
Dan