Selur's Little Message Board
[HELP] 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Printable Version

+- Selur's Little Message Board (https://forum.selur.net)
+-- Forum: Hybrid - Support (https://forum.selur.net/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Problems & Questions (https://forum.selur.net/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: [HELP] 60 fps conversion with best settings? (/thread-38.html)

Pages: 1 2

60 fps conversion with best settings? - Shockwave - 30.06.2017

I've been using Hybrid mainly because of 30 > 60 fps conversion option and I'm quite glad with the results.
I know that it may sound nearly impossible but is there any way to avoid Image Glitching ?

Theese are the current settings I use as a default for every project : 

1) Audio Handing - Passthrough all
2) x264 Bitrate - 15,000
3) Restriction Settings - 4.2
4) Avisynth Frame - InterFrame > Tunin - Smooth > Frames - 60 > Override Algo - Smooth

Thanks in advance

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Selur - 30.06.2017

Short answer: No, there is no known auromated image interpolation technique which doesn't produce image glitches.
Long answer:a. see short answer
b. there are a few folks over at doom9 which try to improve the whole thing by doing multiple interpolation with different settings and merge them, but the results aren't really impressive,..
Due to the nature of the problem there are bound to be interpolation glitches.

Cu Selur

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Shockwave - 01.07.2017

(30.06.2017, 16:45)Selur Wrote: Short answer:  No, there is no known auromated image interpolation technique which doesn't produce image glitches.
Long answer:a. see short answer
b. there are a few folks over at doom9 which try to improve the whole thing by doing multiple interpolation with different settings and merge them, but the results aren't really impressive,..
Due to the nature of the problem there are bound to be interpolation glitches.

Cu Selur

Thanks for your response

If I may ask , is there a specific pattern of which settings are the best for conversion? Or are my settings listed above ok? Or should the settings be changed based on video's details?

Ty in advance

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - n4n - 06.07.2017

This may not be the best option for you, since in involves using Adobe Media Encoder (expensive).
This program allows to successfully interpolate different frame rates with minimal glitches. (with Maximum Render Quality at Maximum Depth)
Experiment with different profiles, but latest HEVC (H.265) is superb in my opinion.

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Selur - 06.07.2017

Problem is there are no general best settings for frame interpolation.
Each source can have scenes that look nice with one setting, but look bad with others.
-> In general I would recommend to check the preview with different settings for each source.

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Nervosa - 05.12.2017

I'm having a problems where  my converted videos (30fps to 60fps) have frame/image lag. I didn't use to have this problem before to my knowledge though.

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Selur - 05.12.2017

@Nervosa: Not enough details to go on. Smile
Might be a problem with:
a. the source decoding
b. an overclocked graphics card
c. the settings of the chosen interpolation option
d. a general problem the interpolation option have with that clip
-> Sorry, but I would need a small sample (and more details) to reproduce the issue and may be come up with a better way.

Cu Selur

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Nervosa - 10.12.2017

(05.12.2017, 09:27)Selur Wrote: @Nervosa: Not enough details to go on. Smile
Might be a problem with:
a. the source decoding
b. an overclocked graphics card
c. the settings of the chosen interpolation option
d. a general problem the interpolation option have with that clip
-> Sorry, but I would need a small sample (and more details) to reproduce the issue and may be come up with a better way.

Cu Selur

If you'd like I can email the clip I am using to test the conversion. My settings are the same with Audio as passthrough, video handling is x264, 15,000 bitrate, AVC is High and 4.2, AviSynth is set to Interframe, 60 fps, Smooth and Smooth. I have tried adding video clips to replies before but it just keeps loading and nothing happens. if there is another way for me to send you the clip before encoding and after encoding I will gladly do so.

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Selur - 11.12.2017

You could upload them to i.e. google drive and send me a link.
Email is fine also (as long as the size is small).

Also remember: Settings which might be good for clip 1 can be trash for clip 2. Smile

Cu Selur

RE: 60 fps conversion with best settings? - Nervosa - 11.12.2017

(11.12.2017, 06:17)Selur Wrote: You could upload them to i.e. google drive and send me a link.
Email is fine also (as long as the size is small).

Also remember: Settings which might be good for clip 1 can be trash for clip 2. Smile

Cu Selur

Original Clip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TT1CaF6EZMa6pvvswPCkuJ0ogDN7U2U/view?usp=sharing

Converted to 60fps (Notice the crosshair in the middle of the screen and the kill-feed in the upper right corner): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FPXd04HFAG9NWQjocKlhwRL9pz0nxEP/view?usp=sharing