This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

QSVEnc question
Hi.
Is there any way to disable "--y4m" from being automatically added to the command line in order to use another reader/decoder supported by QSVEnc?
[Image: hybrid-qsvenc.png]

Thanks for reading.
No, Hybrid uses:
--y4m when Vapoursynth or Avisynth input is used.
--avhw when 'QSVEnc->Hardware->Only use encoder' is enabled

Cu Selur
Got it.
So, could you please add "--vpp-subburn" to the "QSVEnc->Hardware" tab, so it can be used with "--avhw"?
I know that it is possible to do this manually under "QSVEnc->Misc->Custom command line addition", but it's a pain to do this individually with many files.

Ref:
https://github.com/rigaya/QSVEnc/blob/ma...ram2value2

Thanks anyway for answering my previous question. ^^
Quote:So, could you please add "--vpp-subburn" to the "QSVEnc->Hardware" tab, so it can be used with "--avhw"?
Since it seems like you have used the option before, I got a few questions:
  • What subtitle formats are supported? (I suspect ass, srt and pgs, but what about ttxt, WebVTT, idx/sub?)
  • Can filename be used together with 'track' to get the subtitle from another container file?
  • shaping is only for text (not image) based subtitles, correct?
  • scale is only used for image based subtitles, correct?
  • transparency <- does this work with image and text based subtitles?
  • brightness <- does this work with image and text based subtitles?
  • contrast <- does this work with image and text based subtitles?
  • vid_ts_offset <- does this work with image and text based subtitles?
  • ts_offset <- does this work with image and text based subtitles?
  • forced_subs_only <- this does only work when 'track' is used, correct? (otherwise I don't see where the 'forced'-info should come from)
  • charcode <- what are all the possible options for this?

All these need to be known before adding this to Hybrid makes any sense to me.
(Yes, personally, I'm no fan of hardcoded/burned-in subtitles, which is probably the main reason why I never cared about the option.)

=> if you can't answer these, this will probably not happen any time soon, since I probably can't motivate myself to spend my weekends testing this.

Cu Selur
Quote:=> if you can't answer these, this will probably not happen any time soon, since I probably can't motivate myself to spend my weekends testing this.
I honestly can't answer most of these questions since I basically use it to hardcode subtitles in .ass and sometimes .srt format, so I'm sorry.
But take your time, considering an addition for the future is good enough.

Quote:(Yes, personally, I'm no fan of hardcoded/burned-in subtitles, which is probably the main reason why I never cared about the option.)
Yeah, I personally only use this option because not all devices are capable of detecting subtitle files embedded in the container. Smile