This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[INFO] [QUESTION] Edit/remove pre-existing tags
Hello.
So, my question is:
Is it possible to "remove" a tag from an audio or video file using Hybrid, in an mp4 container? I noticed that in the "Tags->Streams" tab it's possible to select a title or language, but it is not possible to leave the title empty, so it's not possible to remove a title that already exists in the audio or video metadata (at least from what I could understand).

Thanks in advance for any help.
It might not be feasible due to limitations in altering existing metadata within the software. There isn't an apparent method to delete titles or leave them empty in the tags->streams tab.
By default, Hybrid passes through existing tags unless they are overwritten, this can be changed under 'Config->Automation->Passthrough Tags'.

Cu Selur
(21.12.2023, 08:41)Selur Wrote: By default, Hybrid passes through existing tags unless they are overwritten, this can be changed under 'Config->Automation->Passthrough Tags'.

Thanks, that does the job. But why is there no "Language" option for "Subtitles" under "Config->Automation->Passthrough Tags"?
Why should there be?
This option sets whether to pass-through tags, not whether to pass through streams.
If you want to filter streams by language, check: "Config->Automation->Passthrough streams"

Cu Selur
(27.12.2023, 22:17)Selur Wrote: Why should there be?

Well... because there is also a language tag for subtitles (?), not just for video or audio.
That's why I asked why there isn't an option to passthrough or not the language tag for subtitles as well.

(27.12.2023, 22:17)Selur Wrote: This option sets whether to pass-through tags, not whether to pass through streams.

Yes, I'm talking about tags too, not streams.
iirc subtitles languages will always passed through if they are not overwritten if the title gets passed through
(28.12.2023, 00:17)Selur Wrote: iirc subtitles languages will always passed through if they are not overwritten if the title gets passed through

For me the language is passed through even with "Title" unchecked for "Subtitle" under "Config->Automation->Passthrough Tags", if I have checked "Subtitle" in "Config->Automation->Passthrough streams". Also, something I noticed is that the title field is filled with the version of the MP4Box binary used for muxing even if the "Title" is unchecked for "Subtitles" under "Config->Automation->Passthrough Tags". In Hybrid, is there any way to avoid this, without having to add a title?
Can you share a debug output of the job creation of such a job?
Sure. I've attached the debug output file below.

Mediainfo of the subtitle:
Text
ID                          : 3
Format                      : Timed Text
Codec ID                    : tx3g
Duration                    : 21 s 700 ms
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Bit rate                    : 155 b/s
Frame rate                  : 1.106 FPS
Stream size                 : 421 Bytes (0%)
Title                       : ttxt:lang=pt@GPAC2.3-DEV-rev696-gf8a41b2ae-ab-suite
Language                    : Portuguese
Forced                      : No
Encoded date                : 2023-12-29 21:31:59 UTC
Tagged date                 : 2023-12-29 21:31:59 UTC
Count of events             : 12

As you can see, the title field is filled in with the version of MP4Box that was used.