This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deoldify Vapoursynth filter
Hello Selur,

Leveraging on the experience in developing vs-deoldify I'm planning to develop a new filter: HybridAVC = Hybrid Automatic Video Colorizer

Where I will integrate: DeOldify, DDColor and Deep-Exemplar based Video Colorization

Deep-Exemplar is able to provide a temporal video stabilization and need to be rewrote in some part to get something useful, is similar to Bistnet, but is simpler and faster.

When I will have something working I will post the new filter, be patient...

Dan
(14.05.2024, 09:29)Dan64 Wrote: When I will have something working I will post the new filter, be patient...

Dan

very very thank you for your work!
the initial post is really not clear on how to install/use in Hybrid, and I ended up doing lots of google to try figure out things and I did not manage to make it work.

for example: I wasn't even able to Install fastai...
C:\Program Files\Python312>python -m pip fastai=1.0.60
ERROR: unknown command "fastai=1.0.60"

Is there a Step by Step tutorial on how to install and use it in Hybrid?
The simplest way is to install Hybrid: https://www.selur.de/downloads

Since to get Hybrid working is necessary to install a lot of packages. It is available an archive with all the necessary packages:  GoogleDrive

Here the instructions provided by Selur

Quote:These addons are Windows only!

File: VapoursynthRXX_torch_XXXX.7z <- the 'torch'-addon, this requires an NVIDIA card

Installation of 'torch'-addon
* Extract the torch-addon into your Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth-folder.

Dan
I am not talking about Hybrid (I have been using Hybrid for 2 years now), I am talking about your plugin...
Quote:Where I will integrate: DeOldify, DDColor and Deep-Exemplar based Video Colorization
Problem is usually having references, but looking forward to it, to play with it. Smile
(Or do you want to generate these?)

Cu Selur
Quote:I am not talking about Hybrid (I have been using Hybrid for 2 years now), I am talking about your plugin...
He, is too.
His plugin is available in Hybrid under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Coloring->DeOldify' assuming you have a newer NVIDIA card and the torch-addon of Hybrid installed.

Cu Selur
I need to change DeOldify and DDColor to work with VideoFrame instead of VideoNode.
To do that I need to create a custom version of DDColor since I cannot change the DDColor repository
I'm the owner of DeOldify filter so I could change vs-deoldify.
But I prefer to don't touch vs-deoldify because now is stable.

So I will build a new filter where I will introduce some new feature respect to vs-deoldify: scene detection, reference frame generation, temporal frame stabilization, and probably I will reuse some of the pre/post filters already developed for vs-deoldify. 

This new filter will be slower than vs-deoldify, and probably will be only a little more stable but with more vivid colors, so vs-deoldify will be still a viable alternative for users not having powerful GPUs.

Dan
(14.05.2024, 17:49)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I am not talking about Hybrid (I have been using Hybrid for 2 years now), I am talking about your plugin...
He, is too.
His plugin is available in Hybrid under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Coloring->DeOldify' assuming you have a newer NVIDIA card and the torch-addon of Hybrid installed.

Cu Selur

I Installed the Modules but when I try to process the job, i get a crash...
If I disable the Coloring Filter (DeOldify), it process the video fine without a problem.

[Image: 4d48mmL.png]
Quote:If I disable the Coloring Filter (DeOldify), it process the video fine without a problem.
(I assume you deinstalled any modified Hybrid before adding the torch-addon.)
First thing I would recommend checking is whether the Vapoursynth Preview works.
It usually shows error messages that might help to figure out where the problem is.

Cu Selur