This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] rife - encoding freezes
Guessing by your emphasizations, you don't understand why Bwdif is loaded and why I chose 120fps:
QTGMC can use Bwdif (depending on the settings, which is why the plugin is loaded).
I used 120fps as an example of a frame rate above 59.94fps which QTGMC created from the interlaced 29.97fps source I used.

Cu Selur
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlzHHr9...sp=sharing

от 23,97(24)фпс до 60фпс

ужасные прыжки пропали при переходе микро-сцен
For "field-blended" input, a field matcher (TFM, VFM) will be used, not a deinterlacer.

Cu Selur
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VlFGWF7...sp=sharing

What is this indicator for??? 0.150 is indicated

Huh
Will adjust the tool-tip for the next version to:
Quote:Scene change:
Change the scene change threshold, so scene changes are properly detected. When properly detected, instead of interpolating across scene changed, the last frame before a scene change will be repeated to avoid artifacts.
For SD content, using 0.1 to 0.15 seems to work fine.
For HD content, instead of using 0.15 using 0.5 seems to work better.
hope that clears things up.

Cu Selur
(29.09.2024, 08:00)Selur Wrote: Will adjust the tool-tip for the next version to:
Quote:Scene change:
Change the scene change threshold, so scene changes are properly detected. When properly detected, instead of interpolating across scene changed, the last frame before a scene change will be repeated to avoid artifacts.
For SD content, using 0.1 to 0.15 seems to work fine.
For HD content, instead of using 0.15 using 0.5 seems to work better.
hope that clears things up.

Cu Selur

choose/guess then pray what helped - not Big Grin

It’s better to choose field-blended with bob (ultra-fast) Cool
Quote:choose/guess then pray what helped - not
That is what Vapoursynth Preview is for; seeing what setting xy does.

Quote:It’s better to choose field-blended with bob (ultra-fast)
If blended frames are what you are into, I'm happy you found something that works for you.

Cu Selur
(29.09.2024, 08:32)Selur Wrote:
Quote:choose/guess then pray what helped - not
That is what Vapoursynth Preview is for; seeing what setting xy does.

That's what I meant - wasting time

run Preview and analysis - many times

Big Grin
If adjusting values is a waste of time for you, you should not use Hybrid, since that is the main reason, I can think of, to use Hybrid. There are other tools that can do similar things. (StaxRip, MeGui, enhancr, flowframes, rife-app,...)

Hybrid at first is meant for advanced users that want and understand how to tweak stuff. Smile
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cu Selur
OK Big Grin