This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Ok, downloading...

Here are some screengrabs of bin files in Teminal. Seems no errors.
[Image: HiRIECL.jpg]
[Image: QroCtlZ.jpg]
[Image: 6rnjpS8.jpg]
[Image: 8qMGOmj.jpg]

VapourSynth preview and render works now ! ! !
[Image: BrBZdWN.jpg]

Simple preview don't generate warning error message anymore, but just opens empty window (to be honest not a big problem).
[Image: seCDZhA.jpg]

Small suggest - mark updated components with color tag. It helps a lot to keep things organized and allow to see difference between versions.
[Image: xuhSIzG.jpg]

Also i notice that there are legacy .cpython-36.pyc cache files in __pycache__ Hybrid folder. I delete that folder as you suggested earlier.
[Image: VJdZKG7.jpg]
No, there are errors.
ffaac doesn't work
and
neither should x265, which is confusing since I thought I added the libx265.195.dylib to the download.

-> probably won't get around to do much today since I'll be on a business trip for today, will look at faac and x265 next and then start looking into rewriting the preview over the weekend.

Cu Selur
There is updated libx265.195.dylib inside Hybrid but it it is not loaded. Seems some confusion somewhere. But ok, good luck with trip!
[Image: dyjcIUR.jpg]

Here are also few not too critical details to think about in distant future:

Small problem 1:

Confusion in deinterlace settings. There are two places to set input fields order:
1. Overwrite input scan type menu
2. QTGMC setting "Order: 1 or 0"

Currently QTGMC setting "Order: 1 or 0" overwrites settings in "Overwrite input scan type" menu.
Also when i switch settings in "Overwrite input scan type" menu, it always turns off checkbox "Bob"

Why things are designed like this? Should i avoid use "Overwrite input scan type menu" in new Hybrid version when use QTGMC?

[Image: X3q8hAa.jpg]

Small problem 2:
There is ancient mistake in ProRes presets. ProRes422HQ (SD) use standard basic ProRes422 compression instead of HQ. Also (SD) (HD) definitions in preset names are totally useless.

How about match ProRes preset names to normal Apple specification? https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202410

Aple ProRes 422 Proxy
Aple ProRes 422 LT
Aple ProRes 422
Aple ProRes 422 HQ
Aple ProRes 4444
Be safe selur on your biz trip, and thanks.
Quote:Confusion in deinterlace settings. There are two places to set input fields order:
1. Overwrite input scan type menu
2. QTGMC setting "Order: 1 or 0"

Currently QTGMC setting "Order: 1 or 0" overwrites settings in "Overwrite input scan type" menu.
Yes, you can always overwrite the order in the filter itself, by default '-1' indicates that you don't need to.
With overwrite input scan type you overwrite the scan order on a more global level, in filter you can overwrite global settings.
-> this is as intended

Quote:How about match ProRes preset names to normal Apple specification?
The names Hybrid used were the old names FFmpeg used when ProRes support was added to FFmpeg. Smile

I'll adjust the profiles to proxy, lt, standard, hq, 444, 4444xq, which are the names FFmpeg currently uses.
see: https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-codecs.html#Pr...res_002dks

Quote:Also when i switch settings in "Overwrite input scan type" menu, it always turns off checkbox "Bob"
I'll fix that. Smile

Cu Selur
The problem with "Overwrite input scan type" menu in new hybrid is that seems it don't affect field order in QTGMC at all. In old Hybrid "Overwrite input scan type" menu was able to change 1 to 0 in QTGMC settings. Not sure if it is a global bug or just a bug in early macOS version.

So FFmpeg now supports 4444 XQ compression... nice !!!

By the way x265 binary in Hybrid 2017 also gives me message "Library not loaded: @rpath/libx265.164.dylib"
"Overwrite input scan type" should not change the order in QTGMC.
Normally you should not need to use order in QTGMC, stick with the default value of -1 and the order indicated by the input (or "Overwrite input scan type" when enabled will be used).

Cu Selur
Aha, now i see. QTGMC order: -1 setting.
Maybe it is possible somehow automate relation between these two switchers?
For example when i switch setting in "Overwrite input scan type" it may automatically switch QTGMC setting to Order: -1

It was real confusion from my user side when i switch "Overwrite input scan type" settings and noticed that it take no any effect on rendered video, because for some unknown reason QTGMC was automatically switched to 1 (i didn't touch that setting manually).

Or here is another current confused example.
- I turn off "Overwrite input scan type"
- Set QTGMC Order: -1
- I turn on "Overwrite input scan type" and switch between different "Overwrite input scan type" settings
- QTGMC always automatically changed to Order: 1 and keep use Order: 1 with any "Overwrite input scan type" settings
that's probably a bug Smile
Will look at it tomorrow.
Here is also small bug with VapourSynth preview auto refresh:
- Open Preview
- Adjust some filter
- See instant result in VapourSynth preview.
-
- Close Preview window
- Open it again
- Adjust some filter
- Can't see instant result in VapourSynth preview anymore (need to close VapourSynth preview and open it again to see result)

Sounds strange, but sometimes VapourSynth preview gives me instant preview even after i close and open it again...