This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
Seems something was changed or broken in MKVToolNix 50. It gives error "muxing crashed: Crashed with exit status 1"
Do not update to MKVToolNix 50 inside Hybrid app contents.

MKVToolNix 49 and earlier works well.
MkvToolNix works fine here, assuming the paths are set properly.
In example:
./MKVToolNix-50.0.0.app/Contents/MacOS/mkvmerge
for mkvmerge.

Cu Selur
I just downloaded MKVToolNix-50 form Videohelp again https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVToolNix and it appears that it can't start even without Hybrid. Seems just a broken release.

UPDATE: Seems it is some damaged MKVToolNix-50.0.0.0 version at Videohelp.
MKVToolNix-50.0.0.1 downloaded from https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html works well.
I used the download from the official source ( https://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html).

Cu Selur
About the "LUT + other filters = black preview":
Works fine on Windows, I can reproduce the issue in the MacOS VM, but there I get
Quote:Vapoursynth preview error: Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer. Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
I suspect that this will work on a non-virtualized Mac OS as long as the OpenGL support works properly.
The Vapoursynth scripts Hybrid produces are correct, so my guess is that this is a OpenGL problem on MacOS.
May be timecube author (https://github.com/sekrit-twc/timecube) has an idea, but this might only be solvable when having access to a real mac.
On the other hand this might be a planned limitation by Mac OS since iirc they are promoting Metal and deprecating OpenGL. Since they plan to replace Metal with OpenGL.

Cu Selur
Ok, i can contact timecube developer about this problem, but i notice that there is no black screen if i use format=vs.RGB24 instead of format=vs.RGB48, and manually run in vsViever
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
clip = core.lsmas.LibavSMASHSource(source="/Users/shph/Desktop/44.1hz test source.mov")
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709",range_s="limited")
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, matrix_in_s="470bg", matrix_s="709", range_in=0, range=0)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, [b]format=vs.RGB24[/b], matrix_in_s="709", range_s="limited")
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/TimeCubeFiles/identity.cube")
clip = core.std.Levels(clip=clip, min_in=16, max_in=235, min_out=16, max_out=235)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV422P10, matrix_s="709", range_s="limited")
clip.set_output()

Also if i import 10 bit ProRes source and use Levels filter (TimeCube turned OFF) i see a green overlay artifact in vsViewer preview.

If i import 8 bit source and use Levels filter image looks OK if Gamma set to 1.00.
But when i start to adjust Gamma, i start to see green overlay artifact in vsViewer preview.

So i guess it more looks like bug in Hybrid bit depth-color management code with some filters.
You are right that this does happen when using high bit depth. in which case Hybrid uses: RGB48 (= 16bit); this also causes the problem on Windows. Smile
Using RGB30(=10bit) or RGB48(=8bit) works fine.
Problem seems to be the RGB48 to XY conversion.
So either this is a bug in Vapoursynth or something is amiss with the script.

clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB48, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
# color adjustment using TimeCube
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P16, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
clip = core.std.Levels(clip=clip, min_in=16, max_in=235, min_out=16, max_out=235)
-> green screen
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.RGB48, matrix_in_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
clip = core.timecube.Cube(clip=clip, cube="I:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ColorFilter/TimeCube/PQ_to_BT709_slope.cube")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P10, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
-> green screen
# adjusting color space from YUV420P10 to RGB48 for vscube
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, matrix_s="470bg", range_s="limited")
-> works

Levels documentation says:
clip

Clip to process. It must have integer sample type and bit depth between 8 and 16, or float sample type and bit depth of 32. If there are any frames with other formats, an error will be returned.
Since there isn't an error I assume this is a bug in Vapoursynth -> I'll ask over at doom9s where the Vapoursynth developers are. (https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1...count=4076)

Cu Selur
Yep, interesting...
Also it seems this is somehow related to interconnection with other filters that use tonal adjustment settings.
For Example:
TimeCubes + Tweak Saturation adjust = works well
TimeCubes + Tweak Brightness adjust = no any changes in image
Tweak Brightness adjust = works well
Told you guys, i am a BUG seeker. i Just seem to find bugs...
Quote:Also it seems this is somehow related to interconnection with other filters that use tonal adjustment settings.
It's releated to the actual script and what color space conversions take place, so without looking at the script those findings mean nothing.