This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Internal processing in 32 bit depth?
My mistake, Flash3kDB is listed as 16 bit http://vsdb.top/plugins/f3kdb but i decide that it is 8 bit because if i turn off threshold and grain strength (dithering) it start to look like 8-bit. Maybe some mistake in Hybrid input?
[Image: a6hbDjl.jpg][Image: MUns8lj.jpg]
(14.04.2020, 16:53)Selur Wrote: So everything behaves as expected.
Good. Smile

Cu Selur

I am not completely understanding how you say "good", when the Resolve ProRes 12 bit 4:4:4 render is clearly better than Hybrid's ProRes 12 bit 4:4:4 render... don't you want to try to make Hybrid's result look as good as Resolve's? Cool

[Image: KUrclpM.jpg]

[Image: Kz6kV3e.jpg]
The_Tinkerer, it is a known FFmpeg limitation https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8054 FFmpeg just can't render to 12 bit ProRes yet. Hope in future they somehow fix it. As you can see x265 render to 12 bit is supported.
Quote:My mistake, Flash3kDB is listed as 16 bit http://vsdb.top/plugins/f3kdb but i decide that it is 8 bit because if i turn off threshold and grain strength (dithering) it start to look like 8-bit. Maybe some mistake in Hybrid input?
I don't think so.
Looking at the documentation:
Quote:input_mode

Not available in Vapoursynth, since this can be inferred from clip properties

Specify source video type.

0: Regular 8 bit video
1: 9 ~ 16 bit high bit-depth video, stacked format
2: 9 ~ 16 bit high bit-depth video, interleaved format

Default: 0 (input_depth = 8 or not specified) / 1 (input_depth > 8)

input_depth

Not available in Vapoursynth, since this can be inferred from clip properties

Specify bit-depth of source video.

Range: 8 ~ 16

Default: 8 (input_mode = 0 or not specified) / 16 (input_mode = 1 or 2)

output_mode

Not available in Vapoursynth, f3kdb will only output high bitdepth clip in native format

Specify output video type. Meaning of values are the same as input_mode.

When output_mode = 2, frames will be 2x wider and look garbled on preview, it will return to normal after correctly encoded by high bit-depth x264)

Default: 0 (output_depth = 8 or not specified) / 1 (output_depth > 8)

output_depth

Specify output bit-depth.

If output_depth = 16, dither algorithm specified by dither_algo won’t be applied.

Range: 8 ~ 16

Default: 8 (output_mode = 0 or not specified) / 16 (output_mode = 1 or 2)
source: https://f3kdb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/u...parameters
especially the:
Quote:Vapoursynth, f3kdb will only output high bitdepth clip in native format
I assumed that f3kdb would always output 16bit,...

Let's see the script that you used and it should be apparent if there's a bug in the script generator.

Cu Selur
I am confused a little. Is it 8 bit due mistake in Hybrid script? Default: 0 (input_depth = 8 or not specified)
Or because input_depth command Not available in Vapoursynth  ?

Do you thing it worth to contact developers of those 8 bit only plugins and ask to update them to support 16 bit depth? Or it don't works easy like this?
input_mode bot input_depth both state:
Quote:Not available in Vapoursynth, since this can be inferred from clip properties
And since "output_mode" states:
Quote:Not available in Vapoursynth, f3kdb will only output high bitdepth clip in native format
I assumed that the "output_depth" should be always 16bit, but that seems to be wrong. :/
Calling:
# Debanding using Flash3kDB
# debanding using f3kdb
clip = core.f3kdb.Deband(clip, keep_tv_range=True)
# Output
clip.set_output()
the output isn't reported as YUV420P16 like I assumed, but as YUV420P8, so output_depth needs to be specified. :/
-> will fix.
Flash3kDB works now and due higher bit depth have no more ugly green color cast. Here are examples with different settings:
[Image: lFF9EOo.jpg][Image: zOelx3q.jpg]