This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Vapoursynth not recognizing subtitles for harcoding.Neither does Avisynth
Dear Mr Selur,
First and foremost thank you for that quite versatile video encoding and filtering program.Unfortunately,in this version of your program (August 2020),I have a problem.It does not at all recognize the ass or srt subtitles I am trying to hardcode with it.The Last version that worked properly for me on that matter was a very old one (2019.01.02.1),but it led to crashes with vspipe memory leak all the time.Since I have 16gb of ram and an i72600 cpu,I think that this was not normal behaviour.
The language of the subtitles is Greek and the encoding utf-8. It worked flawlessly in the old version if it managed not to crash before the vspipe leak.When I enable the subtitles, avisynth shows an error and vapoursynth shows a blank preview window.I put a fake subtitle with english characters,still the same.Is there a way to fix this,as I see you have added new filters in this version and I would like to use them?The OS is Windows 7 utimate 64bit,if it matters.I am trying to funsub a really old anime and it helped a lot to clear,deblock and upscale the video and also burn the subtitles in one go to minimize quality loss.It is a pity too,because vapoursynth had really good ass subtitle support.

I apologize for any mistakes as English is not my native language.I hope you are able to fix the problem.Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Maria111

Here is an image of the blank preview I get
[Image: Bzp1F2P]
Can you:
a. share a debug output of the process?
b. share a subtitle file which allows me to reproduce the issue?

----
Think I found the problem.
Will send you a link to my current dev version via PM in ~1/2 hr, hope that fixes the problem.

Cu Selur
Thank you for your swift response.Subtitles in Vapoursynth are working but in avisynth nothing. It gives me only this error

Avisynth preview error: -> I don't know what 'SourceFiltered' means. (D:\TEMP\tempPreviewAvisynthFile10_59_38_399.avs, line 11) Avisynth preview error: -> I don't know what 'SourceFiltered' means. (D:\TEMP\tempPreviewAvisynthFile10_59_53_319.avs, line 11)

Also Dotkill filter gives this error in vapoursynth preview.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Failed to evaluate the script:

Python exception: Failed to load C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll. GetLastError() returned 126. The file you tried to load or one of its dependencies is probably missing.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript

File "D:\TEMP\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile12_06_51_795.vpy", line 16, in <module>

core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll")

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2069, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__

vapoursynth.Error: Failed to load C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll. GetLastError() returned 126. The file you tried to load or one of its dependencies is probably missing.

I did not check every filter though.Still it managed an encode without vspipe crashing,so I hope everything will be fixed shortly.Thanks for the continuing help.
Will need a debug output to look into the Avisynth issues.
Okay, I figured out the problem with the Avisynth Script (only happens when 'Filter View' is enabled) and fixed it.
But at least for the Vapoursynth issue I need a debug output to know what the whole script looks like and what os are you on.

Cu Selur

Ps.: regarding the Vapoursynth issue try whether installing: Visual C++ 2015-2019 runtime helps (https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe)
found the issue, an old version of the dotkill.dll was in the installer
-> will send you a link to a fixed dev version in a few minutes.

Cu Selur
Thank you for your prompt response,but no luck. Avisynth preview with subtitle is still no go.It give an error that avsviewer has stopped working.

And the Vapoursynth dotkill gives this error

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Failed to evaluate the script:

Python exception: Plugin C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll already loaded (com.vapoursynth.dotkill) from C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/DotKill.dll

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript

File "D:\TEMP\tempPreviewVapoursynthFile16_32_21_812.vpy", line 13, in <module>

core.std.LoadPlugin(path="C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll")

File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2069, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__

vapoursynth.Error: Plugin C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeCrawlFilter/DotKill/DotKill.dll already loaded (com.vapoursynth.dotkill) from C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/DotKill.dll

Still,things are better now. I also write here an exerpt of one of  my subtitles.It is a typical ass file as far I can see.How can I send you a debug file?

[Script Info]
; This is an Advanced Sub Station Alpha v4+ script.

Title:

ScriptType: v4.00+

Collisions: Normal

PlayDepth: 0

[V4+ Styles]

Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, OutlineColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeOut, ScaleX, ScaleY, Spacing, Angle, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Encoding

Style: Default,Tahoma,20,&H00FFFFFF,&H0300FFFF,&H00000000,&H02000000,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,1,2,1,2,10,10,10,1

[Events]

Format: Layer, Start, End, Style, Actor, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, Effect, Text

Dialogue: 0,0:01:23.21,0:01:28.73,Default,,0,0,0,,Η Διάσωση της Πριγκίπισσας Γκουήνεβιρ

Dialogue: 0,0:01:42.71,0:01:44.23,Default,,0,0,0,,Σταματήστε!

Dialogue: 0,0:01:47.05,0:01:52.07,Default,,0,0,0,,Πολύ καλά! Μόλις διασχίσουμε το ποτάμι,\Nθα βρεθούμε στη γη του Βασιλιά Λάβικ.

Dialogue: 0,0:01:55.79,0:01:59.12,Default,,0,0,0,,Ω βασιλιά Αρθούρε,\Nπού να βρίσκεσαι τώρα;

Dialogue: 0,0:02:06.90,0:02:08.97,Default,,0,0,0,,Η γη του Βασιλιά Λάβικ είναι μπροστά μας.

Dialogue: 0,0:02:16.96,0:02:18.50,Default,,0,0,0,,Είναι ο Γουόλτερ!

Dialogue: 0,0:02:19.16,0:02:19.94,Default,,0,0,0,,Ο Γουόλτερ;

Dialogue: 0,0:02:20.92,0:02:24.13,Default,,0,0,0,,Ναι. Είναι αγγελιαφόρος του Μέρλιν του Μάγου.

Dialogue: 0,0:02:26.02,0:02:26.78,Default,,0,0,0,,Τι στο...

Dialogue: 0,0:02:33.27,0:02:34.40,Default,,0,0,0,,Κι άλλο μήνυμα...

Dialogue: 0,0:02:38.68,0:02:40.43,Default,,0,0,0,,Λέει να πάμε στο χωριό Ντόβερ.

Dialogue: 0,0:02:41.02,0:02:43.09,Default,,0,0,0,,Εκεί θα βρίσκονται οι Μαύροι Ιππότες.

Dialogue: 0,0:02:45.38,0:02:47.04,Default,,0,0,0,,Δεν είναι μακριά από εδώ.

Dialogue: 0,0:02:51.74,0:02:52.79,Default,,0,0,0,,Εντάξει λοιπόν!

Dialogue: 0,0:02:53.64,0:02:54.41,Default,,0,0,0,,Καλώς!

Dialogue: 0,0:02:57.39,0:02:59.09,Default,,0,0,0,,Πάμε Γκάλαχαντ!
Dialogue: 0,0:02:59.76,0:03:01.40,Default,,0,0,0,,Περιμένετέ με!
Quote:C:/Program Files/Hybrid/64bit/Vapoursynth/vapoursynth64/coreplugins/DotKill.dll
No clue where that file comes from on your system.
Hybrid does not install any plugins into the coreplugins folder.
-> best deinstall Hybrid completely (with settings) and install the last dev version I send you a link to

Quote:How can I send you a debug file?
compress it for example with zip or 7zip and attach it to your post.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Also please use the code-tags
[code]...[/code]
when quoting error messages and content of files, it makes the whole post way more readable.
Dear Selur,

I am sending you the debug file.This is from  the developer version you had given me.I tried the new version but it made the video slow and avisynth still not working,so I returned to the last version you had emailed me. Thank you in advance.
Have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Hybrid to clean up your folders?