This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to set up separate matroska in matroska
How could I set up a video within, for example, the boundaries of chapters in another video?
The result is that the main MKV loads the other MKV in place of those chapters. It is useful for the opening of a show, which would play the same opening which is marked by chapters.
At the moment you can't with Hybrid .
Haven't looked at that for ages. Smile

Out of the tip of my head this is how I remember this should be done.

What it requires is "--link-to-previous" and "--link-to-next".
see: https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvmerge...le_linking
In case the scenario where you have one intro for multiple episodes.
You would:
a. create the intro
b. check it's SID
c. Remux each of the episodes with '--link-to-previous <SID of intro>'
(Alternatively one could use mkvpropedit and '--set prev-uid')

Cu Selur

Ps.: Problem back then was that only a few players supported mkv file linking properly so for me it was not worth the trouble in the end.