This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

New feature request
Hey Selur

Hope you are well, i was wondering if it would be possible to ask for a way to merge two video files together within Hybrid ? sorry if this is already in the software but i cant find it lol. 

reagrds 
Onyx  
Nope, it's not in the software and I don't plan to add it.

Reason:

Short: No clue how to do this properly

Long:
Hybrid would have too:
  • analyze both sources (easy)
  • figure out whether some of their characteristics are not compatible with each other for each possible audio and video format that is supported. (problematic)
  • depending of the analysis and whether the sources (audio, video, subtitle, time codes) should be re-encoded or not decide whether they can be merged without adjustments or not. (problematic)
  • figure out how to either load those source in ffmpeg/avisynth/vapoursynth to append them. (problematic)
aside that this would require a lot of work I simply don't know how to do that properly for all the input formats which Hybrid supports.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Adjusted title since screaming (writing all uppercase) isn't really a good way to ask for something.
hey, thanks for your reply and thats okay i have found somewhere where i can make this possible, i understand that this could be hard to include into hybrid, and sorry i didnt mean to place the title all in caps. yes i was asking if this would be possible but no way was i screaming for it to be done.
Removed the GoogleDrive download send you a link via pm.

Cu Selur
Oh wrong thread,..