This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

image sequence problem
i am trying to make a few movies out of image sequences in different folders, however something is wrong with the jpg files in one of my folders which causes a 'video crashed' error when i try to encode with any encoder within Hybrid

the problem can be replicated by setting '2sideshredder0600.jpg' as the first frame and '2sideshredder0602.jpg' as the last frame

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

not much to go on, no clue what you are doing, will try to look at it later,..
(17.02.2019, 17:27)Selur Wrote: not much to go on, no clue what you are doing, will try to look at it later,..

all i did was attempt to encode a movie out of 800 jpg's with sequential filenames, same dimensions and bit depth, etc
the video preview works correctly and plays the whole movie from the beginning to end, but it simply refuses to encode these jpg files even though it has no problems with other jpg files on my computer
Okay, I now know where the problem lies, I just don't know why it happens and how to work around it atm. :/
Problem is.
Normally for jpeg is reported by MediaInfo as 'Video' (mediainfo "Path to image file")
In example like this:
Video
Format                                   : JPEG
Width                                    : 640 pixels
Height                                   : 352 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 972 KiB (100%)
which is why Hybrid uses something like:
mediainfo --Language=en "--Inform=Video;%Width%%%Height%%%ColorSpace%%%BitDepth%%%ChromaSubsampling%" "C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\test\2sideshredder0600.jpg"

to get the needed infos, your jpegs however are reported as 'Image'.
Format                                   : JPEG
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 416 KiB (100%)
which is why Hybrids call doesn't report anything, which later on causes the problems.
Thus Hybrid should use something like:
mediainfo --Language=en "--Inform=Image;%Format%%%Width%%%Height%%%Codec/Family%%%BitDepth%%%ChromaSubsampling%%%ColorSpace%" "C:\Users\Selur\Desktop\test\2sideshredder0600.jpg"

to get the information it needs,..

-> So the question is when does MediaInfo identify/report an Image sequence as Image and when as Video ?

Cu Selur
Wrote an ugly workaround, will send you a link to a dev version via PM in a few minutes.

Cu Selur