This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Offer to add a new FrameRateConverter to Hybrid.
Hi Selur! Please add my version of FRC to your Hybrid.
I have long experienced all sorts of options. To get maximum smoothness of video clips. As a result, I came to this simple version. It is simple, but works well. Check it out yourself. Perhaps this is the best there is today.
So add this, please, to your program so that everyone can take advantage of it.
Sorry for my English.

https://yadi.sk/i/5iz7y3GaTVHufQ

# Frame Rate Converter 2
# Version: 1.0  (April 5th 2019)
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version.
#
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
# GNU General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA, or visit
# http:#www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.

#######################################################################################
### Frame Rate Converter 2
### Increases the frame rate with interpolation.
##
## YV12/YV24/Y8/YUY2
## Requires: MvTools2 (pinterf)
##
## @ NewNum      - The new framerate numerator (if FrameDouble = false, default = 60)
##
## @ NewDen      - The new framerate denominator (if FrameDouble = false, default = 1)
##
## @ Preset      - The quality preset [FilmForBagScene|FilmStandart|FilmForMaxFlow|VideoMusicClip]. (default=FilmStandart)
##
##                 
##
## Presets
## FilmForBagScene:    To handle individual scenes in the film. Which have very strong artifacts in the FilmForMaxFlow preset.
## FilmStandart:       Parameters with minimal artifacts, but sometimes poor flow.
## FilmForMaxFlow:     Parameters with good flow, but in some scenes there may be strong artifacts.
## VideoMusicClip:     Parameters with good flow, and off the replay of the last frame when changing scenes.
##

function FrameRateConverter(clip C, int "NewNum", int "NewDen", string "Preset")
{
    Preset      = Default(Preset, "FilmStandart")
    P_FilmForBagScene = 1  P_FilmStandart = 2  P_FilmForMaxFlow = 3  P_VideoClip = 4
    Pset = Preset == "FilmForBagScene" ? P_FilmForBagScene :  Preset == "FilmStandart" ? P_FilmStandart :  Preset == "FilmForMaxFlow" ? P_FilmForMaxFlow : Preset == "VideoMusicClip" ? P_VideoMusicClip : -1
    thSCD2nom= (Pset==P_FilmForBagScene) ? 130 :(Pset==P_FilmStandart) ? 130 :(Pset==P_FilmForMaxFlow) ? 130 :(Pset==P_VideoMusicClip) ? 255 : 130
    searParam= (Pset==P_FilmForBagScene) ? 1   :(Pset==P_FilmStandart) ? 2   :(Pset==P_FilmForMaxFlow) ? 3   :(Pset==P_VideoMusicClip) ? 4   : 2
    NewNum      = Default(NewNum, 60)
    NewDen      = Default(NewDen, 1)

# fps interpolation
    superfilt = MSuper(C, hpad=8, vpad=8, pel=4, sharp=2, rfilter=4) # all levels for MAnalyse
    bak = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=true,  blksize=48, blksizev=48, badSAD=2200, badrange=8, overlap=0, overlapv=0, search=4, searchparam=searParam, dct=5)
    fwd = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=false, blksize=48, blksizev=48, badSAD=2200, badrange=8, overlap=0, overlapv=0, search=4, searchparam=searParam, dct=5)
    Flow = MFlowFps(C, superfilt, bak, fwd, num=NewNum, den=NewDen, blend=False, ml=5800, mask=2, thSCD2=thSCD2nom)

return Flow
}
I'll look into it, but in case I add it, it wouldn't be under that name since the name is too similar to the existing 'Frame rate converter' (from https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174793) and thus it would only lead to confusion since folks would assume it was an advanced version of it, which it isn't.

Also looking at the presets:
## FilmForBagScene:    To handle individual scenes in the film. Which have very strong artifacts in the FilmForMaxFlow preset.
## FilmStandart:       Parameters with minimal artifacts, but sometimes poor flow.
## FilmForMaxFlow:     Parameters with good flow, but in some scenes there may be strong artifacts.
## VideoMusicClip:     Parameters with good flow, and off the replay of the last frame when changing scenes.
The first preset doesn't seem to make sense to me since from the description it sound's like way more than it is.

Since the script is basically whyt MVToolsFPS (in Vapoursynth) does, but with presets which influence thSCD2nom and searParam, I would will think about adding it as some sort of MVToolsFPSmod.
(btw. AvisynthOptimizer (https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1850994) should produce better results, but is way more complicated)

Cu Selur
OK name it what you want. I do not care. 
I just tried to improve FrameRateConverter, as it showed an initially more interesting quality than other plugins. But in the end I deleted everything from it! In addition to pure interpolation. Masking in my case only leads to twitching of the picture. In quick scene changes or flashing lights in music videos.

The first FilmForBagScene preset is implied when using FilmForMaxFlow.
The point is that let's say you encode an entire movie in FilmForMaxFlow to get maximum smoothness. Then you watch it and mark those places, scenes. Which have strong unpleasant artifacts. You cut them separately from the original. And encode using FilmForBagScene. And then you glue the whole movie into a whole.

In another way I can not. I tried to do 2 flow. At the same time, and then to automatically substitute frames from one preset, then from another. But it still leads to twitching. I do not know how this could be implemented in one pass. It does not work out for me. Therefore, I decided to divide.

I knew nothing about AvisynthOptimizer. I'll see what it is, too.