This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to use Avisynth and load script directly into VEAI and output still images.
New user here.

I am using Video Enhance AI to upscale my HD 1080p (master) footage (Prores file) to UHD images which I bring back in PP to render the UHD master as a  video (Prores).

Unfortunately there is a shift with the midtones/highlights/whites it doesn't look similar to the original master.

Someone told me this info
'The only way to fix this is to use Avisynth and load the script directly into VEAI and output still images.
It’s just a basic avs script calling the video with the right source filter and convert the file directly to RGB with the right color matrix according to the source
Example
AVISource(“yourvideo”).ConvertToRGB(matrix=Rec601) for SD
or
AVISource(“yourvideo”).ConvertToRGB(matrix=Rec709) for HD

Then your PNG or TIFF will look exactly the same in terms of luma/chroma as the original source. Scopes will look different different because the video has more pixels and new pixels too but there normally will be no hue or gamma shift.'

I would like to know if there is any step by step guide how I can accomplish this as I am not familiar with hybrid as a beginner.

If there is not a step by step guide could someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
How to use Avisynth and load script directly into VEAI and output still images. - by Rick - 24.12.2020, 16:54