This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Saving Configuration for all settings
Encoding Mode question:

I was trying to follow recommendations and trying to use:
·       X264>Base> General Settings> Encoding Mode> CRF (1-pass).

What is strange that CRF setting at either 18, 15, or either 12 value makes encoded the same bitrate ~10Mbps file.

Might be VHS just does not have enough details/resolution that would require bigger than 10Mbps bitrate to encode at specified Rate Factor, t I am in doubt.
Is this right?

So I switched to Specific File Size/Bitrate (2 –pass), setting 22500kbps for Blu Ray compliancy.
But which one is recommended: CRF, Average Bitrate (1 pass), Specific File Size/Bitrate (2 –pass)?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving Configuration for all settings - by Rokoko33 - 27.02.2021, 20:02