This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Saving Configuration for all settings
Quote:Is it possible to use an external DV decoder?

For my DV avi camcorder videos I would like to use my own MainConcept_DV_Codec_v2.4.16 decoder.
Assuming that decoder installs a 64bit VFW decoder you could enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Prefer AviSource for .avi input" which will cause Hybrid to use AviSource as source filter if it finds a matching VFW decoder on the system. Assuming you do not have multiple 64bit VFW decoders on your system AviSource would then use your MainConvept DV Decoder.
If there is no 64bit vfw decoder for the format, Hybrid will not use AviSource in Vapoursynth.
When using 32bit Avisynth: a 32bit vfw dv decoder and enabling 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Source->Prefer AviSource for avi input' would be required.
When using 62bit Avisynth: a 64bit vfw dv decoder and enabling 'Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Source->Prefer AviSource for avi input' would be required.
When using mencoder as decoder: writing some custom codec settings would be required and it might still not work.
When using ffmpeg as decoder: no chance, ffmpeg does not support vfw decoders.

Quote:Something should be done under:
ยท Config>Input> Decoding> what after this?
Nope, those are general decoding setting and not Vapoursynth related.

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Saving Configuration for all settings - by Selur - 27.02.2021, 21:58