This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Timecode Problem with Cut Support
Ahh, it still got problems with actual vfr or only-vfr-labeled files.
Used ver: dev_2021.03.14-20413

Video was recorded using old OBS-recorded files (Classic even, not Studio), and it outputs a somewhat vfr encoding when CFR isn't checked. Unfortunately, I cannot up this sample as this one I'm encoding is recorded lossless (6GB).

On my encoding attempts, I stop it midway when the estimates tell me it's going to encode the whole thing instead of the cuts I applied.

Debug 1 (vfr to cfr, inconsistent), forgot what exact things I did here. Put for reference.

Debug 2 (Fail then success)
  • Tried several cut encodes, including 4050-4618 (fail)
  • Tried Cut 0-340 (fail)
  • Turned on Config>Input>CFR output
  • Tried Cut 0-340 (fail)
  • Turned off Config>Input>CFR output
  • (Saved Global/Config settings then) Reboot Hybrid
  • Tried the job-saved 0-340 (fail)
  • Open/Load up file
  • Tried Cut 0-340 (success)
  • Tried Cut 4050-4618 that failed before (success, finished)
I couldn't identify why it's inconsistent like this, using the same encode settings & cuts but failing then succeeding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timecode Problem with Cut Support (vfr problems) - by Lloyd Dunamis - 16.03.2021, 09:04