This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 2-Pass /Motion Vector Precision
It would be wonderful to get 16 bit precision back in their releases. i have to use the 2015er version of hybrid since their removal of this.
main reason for usage of x265 is saving bandwith and by removing the 16 bit calculation precision they drastically reduced the ammount of bandwith, that can be saved by using x265.
→ their whole development since that time doesn't make sense to me since their older version is way more efficient (in my eyes).

it would be nice to have more information about what this setting exactly changes and why they removed it.

do you have contact data of x265 developers, so that we can ask them to reimplement 16 bit calculation precision?
or do they have a forum?

if they would reimplement 16 bit calculation support, then it would make more sense to use x265 in other programs besides hybrid 2015er version again (at least for me)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2-Pass /Motion Vector Precision - by augur89 - 21.04.2021, 21:56