This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

"found no video or audio data in input" for everything -- Debian
I've got an absolute ton of VHS and Hi8 captures that are coming from lossless AVIs, and going to ProRes 422 HQ files for editing.  So many to the point where I've set up a dedicated server to host them.  I've had great success running Hybrid to deinterlace and convert them using QTGMC and the lordsmurf approved "faster" preset.  Basically this is what I'd like to keep doing, but I've been striving to run the whole process from the server itself lately.

Ok, now for the actual issue.  The server is running TrueNas Scale, which is debian based.  It is a headless server with no GUI, so after trying many different options of just running ffmpeg based deinterlacers, I just couldn't live without QTGMC.  I've gotten Hybrid installed, and I've even recently gotten the GUI to work using X11 forwarding-- all of the options I need are ready and available.  BUT, as soon as I choose a file (any file) it tells me it's running ffmpeg's analyzer and finding no video or audio data, no matter if I choose an AVI containing a lagarith stream or If I try to select one of my already deinterlaced prores files.  I feel like this must be a case of something simple being missing, but I'm kind of stumped.

PS. unrelated to this, is there a way to force the DAR?  I've used the ffmpeg option to force DAR to 4x3 and it works nicely, but no matter what I select in hybrid I seem to end up with 720x480 files with square pixels displaying stretched and needing to be forced in playback

thank you!!

Messages In This Thread
"found no video or audio data in input" for everything -- Debian - by lessbones - 21.02.2022, 05:45