This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DV tape capture audio conversion issues
I originally posted this on the Videohelp conversion board but didn't get a satisfactory response (eg use a different program) so trying here in the hope I can solve the issue since the picture quality I've had from Hybrid is better than any other tool I've tried.

Quote:I have captured a number of DV tapes using my Macbook Air via the firewire interface and I am wanting to convert/compress them into mp4 files to share online. I have copied the files to my Windows PC and have tried using Hybrid with default settings to convert them but I am getting an issue with the audio.

The audio seems to be stretching out to double the length of the original clip. If I do the conversion without audio the video file is the correct length but if I add audio, the file runs for twice the length but the video is running at normal speed but stops halfway through and the audio seems to be running half speed.

Is there some settings I can change to fix this?

TIA

Since that post I have tried conversion to avi container to see if passing through the audio as pcm would help but it didn't - same result. I'm attaching the HybridDebugOutput.txt for the mp4 attempt.

I included the MeadiaInfo for the source file in the original post, if that's of any use: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/4102...ith-Hybrid
Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.

Messages In This Thread
DV tape capture audio conversion issues - by mcb7 - 10.08.2023, 13:54