This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
Quote:FFmpeg2source does work while HWdecode is enabled though.. But only to summon filter preview window you know!?
FFmpeg2source has no HWDecode option, that is an LWlibavsource option,...

How long are you talking about?
For ne opening m2ts files (with vc1 which is worst combo for FFMS2) from blu-rays from a hdd (temp and output lie on m2 ssd, all have exception in the virus scanner).
Creating index (2hr film ~19GB) with:
  • DGDecNV: 15s
  • FFMS2: 25s
  • directly opening with LWlibavsource: 1m 34s
Creating index (2hr film ~25GB, 3 video all vc-1,ac3 m,5 subtitle, 6 audio streams) with:
  • DGDecNV: 19s
  • FFMS2: 26s
  • directly opening with LWlibavsource: 1m 21s
=> DGDecNV is normally the fastest of the bunch for m2ts

No clue why ffms2/ffmindex would take extremely long for you.
You can test in your system via command line the indexing calls Hybrid uses look always like this:
"PATH TO: Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\SourceFilter\FFMS2\ffmsindex.exe" -f -t 0 "Path to source.m2ts" "Path to temp .ffindex file"
with the available option being:
FFmpegSource2 indexing app
Usage: ffmsindex [options] inputfile [outputfile]
If no output filename is specified, inputfile.ffindex will be used.

Options:
-f        Force overwriting of existing index file, if any (default: no)
-v        Set FFmpeg verbosity level. Can be repeated for more verbosity. (default: no messages printed)
-p        Disable progress reporting. (default: progress reporting on)
-c        Write timecodes for all video tracks to outputfile_track00.tc.txt (default: no)
-k        Write keyframes for all video tracks to outputfile_track00.kf.txt (default: no)
-t N      Set the audio indexing mask to N (-1 means index all tracks, 0 means index none, default: 0)
-s N      Set audio decoding error handling. See the documentation for details. (default: 0)
-u N      Set the progress update frequency in seconds. Set to 0 for every percent. (default: 1)
-o string Set demuxer options to be used in the form of 'key=val:key=val'. (default: none)
Do not be fooled by the '-f', Hybrid will not reindex if it has created the file since for this source, assuming you haven't changed the source or restarted Hyrid.
'-t 0 ' disabled the audio indexing.
=> seems fine to me.

You can also try different versions of ffms2, from:
https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2
newer 'test' builds are often linked over at: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=127037
(those are also the only places where you can ask someone if someone is willing and capable to fix something Wink)
All in all, I don't think there is a way to get ffms2 faster, but this is the usual range of speed these indexers work as.
If your speed strongly differ from the above, it is usually something in the system that is interfering.

Cu Selur

Ps.: An explanation mark (or mutliple), is not meant to be the standard end of a sentence in a normal conversation. I'm getting more and more tired of being yelled at by you and your broken keyboard, so either get that fixed or do not be surprised, if I stop replying to all your posts in a future post. (I do this in my free time, anything I 'earn' / get 'donated' for this is listed over at ([INFO] Thanks for the donation!
, so please don't take it wrong when I sometimes get picky with such things.)

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 23.08.2023, 14:37