This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preview + encode disaster !
(21.08.2023, 05:39)Selur Wrote:
Quote:The issue ussually arises when i use source files of aprox 46+GB  !  ←There lies the difference .. → That could be it.. 
I'll check whether I can find some test content in that regard,...

Yes, has to be something to do with the filesize , if its not the duration of the media file causing issues...
But then again, some issues couldn't simply reproduced with short duration samples.. You see what i mean ?
Like for instance the mux crashes, could only be reproduced with media cuts from minimum 5 min or so !?  

(21.08.2023, 05:39)Selur Wrote:
Quote:i saw that the setting wos → DXVA2 instead of Auto for HWdecoding.
Quote:Hardware decoding mode:
Whether to prefer hardware accelerated decoder to software decoder.
Have no effect if 'decoder' is specified.
- 0 : Use default software decoder.
- 1 : Use NVIDIA CUVID acceleration for supported codec, otherwise use default software decoder.
- 2 : Use Intel Quick Sync Video acceleration for supported codec, otherwise use default software decoder.
- 3 : Try hardware decoder in the order of CUVID->QSV. If none is available, then use default software decoder.
there is no mention of DXVA2 here,... -> not sure what you are referring to.

Ah, you were refering to Lwlibav hardware decoding method   Blush

While iam talking about the HWdecoding setting in Config→Input→Decoding→Use Gpu for Decoding=  section from hybrid  Wink  

Lwlibav hardware method doesn't or better yet CAN'T do/change anything for me since that setting requires Intel and/or Nvidia hardware . 
And iam ALL AMD here Cool ..

Hence, why i thought you were refering to somewhere else..
And fortunately for me, reading you wrong did helped me out ^^

P.S: BtB, lately i have noticed that the filtering tab is completely missing after launching hybrid, no vapoursynth no ffmpeg, no nothing !? What would cause that ?
When reset all settings in hybrid or loading custom profile, everything turns normal again though.. Just fyi..

Cheers,
TD

Messages In This Thread
Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 17.08.2023, 18:45
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 17.08.2023, 18:49
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 18.08.2023, 11:22
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 19.08.2023, 08:54
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 05:39
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by ToiletDuck - 21.08.2023, 16:14
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 21.08.2023, 16:18
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 05:09
RE: Preview + encode disaster ! - by Selur - 22.08.2023, 16:37